Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10
RE: Resmed AirFit P10
I'm up for a new mask and my provider has recommended for me to try the P10, I currently have been using the Nuance Pro. Based on the reviews, I can't wait to try this new mask. I'll try and report back once I've had a few nights of usage.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2014, 07:41 AM)EzDzIt Wrote: I'm up for a new mask and my provider has recommended for me to try the P10, I currently have been using the Nuance Pro. Based on the reviews, I can't wait to try this new mask. I'll try and report back once I've had a few nights of usage.

I think you'll enjoy your P10. Like any mask it may take it a day or so to get used to you. Try with whatever pillow size you think you should use, but don't be afraid to move up to a larger size too. I'm definitely a medium but I do very well with a large.
Post Reply Post Reply
I just received the Resmed Airfit P10 this afternoon after having used the Mirage LT. for years without much success. I haven't slept with it yet but when I tried to test it, I found it difficult breathing in and out. It actually felt like the there was a blockage in the nosepiece.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2014, 02:16 PM)hgpolo Wrote: I just received the Resmed Airfit P10 this afternoon after having used the Mirage LT. for years without much success. I haven't slept with it yet but when I tried to test it, I found it difficult breathing in and out. It actually felt like the there was a blockage in the nosepiece.

Be sure to tell your machine you are now using a pillows mask. Sit in your chair and play with the pillows until you know you are getting a good seal, and the air is doing what it's supposed to do. Gently lift the pillow from your nose and set it back down helps to seat it.

And if you're using the medium, or the small, don't be afraid to move up to a larger size.

Once you figure it out, I think you'll really enjoy it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2014, 11:10 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 07:41 AM)EzDzIt Wrote: I'm up for a new mask and my provider has recommended for me to try the P10, I currently have been using the Nuance Pro. Based on the reviews, I can't wait to try this new mask. I'll try and report back once I've had a few nights of usage.

I think you'll enjoy your P10. Like any mask it may take it a day or so to get used to you. Try with whatever pillow size you think you should use, but don't be afraid to move up to a larger size too. I'm definitely a medium but I do very well with a large.

Thanks for the tip. I was using the small pillows with the Nuance.

Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered the P10 from supplier 2. Will report after I've used it for a couple of days.
Before APAP: [Image: DARTH-VADER_zpsa57946df.png]

After APAP: See avatar: R2D2 for the win!

"Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a great battle"
--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
The bit about the packaging was moved to another thread in the Main Forum. You can find it here:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-packaging
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2014, 10:44 AM)retired_guy Wrote: I found that the pillows mask do a great job of keeping my nosie clear. One of the nicer benefits of the mask.

From a limited experience today, I would second that remark: I started up completely congested, but went for a one-hour nap with the P10, managing to start breathing through both nostrils and the thing kept the passages open like charm. I woke completely refreshed. Somehow the pressure makes the pillows swell a little inside the nose, just enough to keep each passage open further along which prevents it from shutting again. This is my take on it so far. It's a fantastic mask if it does that consistently. I'll find out as from now on, I'll wear it to see if I can tolerate it over a long period.

--Ian Maclaren

I don't snore! I just make creepy noises so the aliens know I'm not someone to be messed with.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2014, 08:47 AM)Visitor Wrote: This is my take on it so far. It's a fantastic mask if it does that consistently. I'll find out as from now on, I'll wear it to see if I can tolerate it over a long period.

It will keep doing well for you. After a while you'll wear it all the time. When you go shopping, on nights out with the guys, to work of course.... The only real problem is the little hose thingie has a tendency to get all mucked up in the spaghetti sauce.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-08-2014, 10:40 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(06-08-2014, 08:47 AM)Visitor Wrote: This is my take on it so far. It's a fantastic mask if it does that consistently. I'll find out as from now on, I'll wear it to see if I can tolerate it over a long period.

It will keep doing well for you. After a while you'll wear it all the time. When you go shopping, on nights out with the guys, to work of course.... The only real problem is the little hose thingie has a tendency to get all mucked up in the spaghetti sauce.

I hope so (that it keeps doing well). I need a break.

--Ian Maclaren

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,716 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,313 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,168 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,031 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,840 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,091 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips RayBee 17 13,046 10-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Last Post: berkshire17

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.