Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10
RE: Resmed AirFit P10
Think about it this way. If your nasal passages are constricted then pressurized air is going to tend to open them up in much the same way that it prevents your airway from collapsing.

Before my first sinus surgery all I had to do was get in a horizontal position and my nasal passageway would collapse, turning me into a mouth-breather within five minutes or less. The surgery fixed that problem. It was the first benefit I noticed, and it was immediate.

Now my nasal pillows keep it open even if I have a cold. Also, if I'm congested enough that I have to blow my nose more than once I immediately go for the NeilMed sinus rinse. Sometimes I'll have to do it multiple times per day for several days. Other times I can go months without having to do it.

Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Scott (and the others), I moved your questions about the blockage to the Main Forum where it belongs and can get better attention. This is the Review Forum.

You can find the new thread here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...nt-blocked
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-06-2014, 07:39 PM)herbm Wrote: I believe the loosest fit is with the 'split straps' TOGETHER and then over the smallest part of your head+hair.

Hi there…. I could not find my booklet but I think at least for me (a woman with hair Wink when the strap are together the mask feels tighter and when I split the straps one low like under a low ponytail and one over the crown of my head the pillows are not as snugged up. just my experience Smile

[quote='readyforsleep' pid='64282' dateline='1396363105']
Are any women out there using the P10? I notice all the reviews are by men.
Yes I switched to the P10 and love it, really i do ! I tried two other mask/pillow masks and was determined to make this work for my health and just went back the the supplier and said we need to do something else and this very elderly man, stopped and looked at me and and said ok lets really look for you Smile he wanted to just keep my in the Nuance Pro and it was slipping and waking me up and ugh! give the P10 a try and I would be glad to let you know anything I have learned Smile

(04-01-2014, 10:05 AM)herbm Wrote: Yes, women are using it. Women have smaller heads but more hair on average.

I really hope they don't stop offering the P10 pretty much as is, but it would be nice if they offered a version or add-on adjustable headgear.

Just a LITTLE more than MINIMALIST. One strap with some velcro maybe.
I love it just the way it is!!!! and please YES let us have the pink don't make everything gray I'M a girl !!!!! Smile

this board has been such a help to me thank you all for your time in writing
S
Post Reply Post Reply
The Airfit P10 for Her. Because everyone knows every female just has to have pink or purple. Rolleyes

http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pro...r-her.html

PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2014, 11:06 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The Airfit P10 for Her. Because everyone knows every female just has to have pink or purple. Rolleyes

Oh! And you are cute, too, in an annoying sort of way. Everybody's cute. Everybody's cute! Even me. But in purple, I'm stunning!

[passes out on the table.]
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-26-2014, 11:06 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The Airfit P10 for Her. Because everyone knows every female just has to have pink or purple. Rolleyes

http://www.resmed.com/us/en/consumer/pro...r-her.html

Yeah, I say this because the guy who fit it mentioned they have to have two SKU numbers and it was a stocking thing to carry two the same really… and I was like hey if it's pink it helps me….. I like to look goooood Smile LOL

and please THEY are making money here so suck it up!
S
Post Reply Post Reply
The way I look at it, I'm asleep. I don't care what color the mask is as long as it works.
I don't want to look pretty as I sleep. No one, not even me, is watching me. Well, maybe my weird cat.
I don't hang the mask on its hook and admire it during the day.

If the P10 fixes the headgear and I decide to try it again, sure, I'll try the "Her" version. If they say what the headgear size is and if that size range will fit me.

However, if that's what you want, go for it. As long as it is the same price as the non-gender specific version, why not?
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2014, 10:17 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I don't want to look pretty as I sleep. No one, not even me, is watching me. Well, maybe my weird cat.

oh, you KNOW your cat is watching you, waiting, thinking "if I start to eat her while she's still breathing, she'll wake up and swat me... must be patient".
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-27-2014, 11:14 PM)diamaunt Wrote:
(06-27-2014, 10:17 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: I don't want to look pretty as I sleep. No one, not even me, is watching me. Well, maybe my weird cat.

oh, you KNOW your cat is watching you, waiting, thinking "if I start to eat her while she's still breathing, she'll wake up and swat me... must be patient".

Good post......... Good observation. Why didn't I think of this.
Post Reply Post Reply
Having great success with P10 - aftr sinus issues resolved using Sinugator with saline and 2 tbs Alkolol 3 times a day. Getting 7+ hours at <5 AHI and finding mask very comfortable, once I figured out that the larger the pillow the more it opens my nostrils and helps a lot. The straps do stretch but I keep one on top of my head and one above my ears (90 degree angle between them) and get adequate seal (leaks about 10-15) - very easy for side sleep and turning on regular pillows. Wash straps once a week and they tighten up a bit too.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,682 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,298 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,151 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,000 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,816 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,068 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips RayBee 17 13,031 10-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Last Post: berkshire17

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.