Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10
RE: Resmed AirFit P10
(05-27-2014, 11:10 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(05-27-2014, 07:41 AM)EzDzIt Wrote: I'm up for a new mask and my provider has recommended for me to try the P10, I currently have been using the Nuance Pro. Based on the reviews, I can't wait to try this new mask. I'll try and report back once I've had a few nights of usage.

I think you'll enjoy your P10. Like any mask it may take it a day or so to get used to you. Try with whatever pillow size you think you should use, but don't be afraid to move up to a larger size too. I'm definitely a medium but I do very well with a large.

retired-guy,

I'm confused, if you definitely are a 'medium' pillow guy, how do you do very well with a large? The AirFit P10 mask for Her that I got doesn't even offer a size large. I always thought the mask sizes itself were the same and I've had mine almost since they came on the market.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-10-2014, 04:04 PM)GrammaBear Wrote: retired-guy,

I'm confused, if you definitely are a 'medium' pillow guy, how do you do very well with a large? The AirFit P10 mask for Her that I got doesn't even offer a size large. I always thought the mask sizes itself were the same and I've had mine almost since they came on the market.

I don't know, Gramma... It's just a thing with the P10. If you're a small, you can often do very well with a medium. If you're a medium, try a large. If you're a large, well --- guess you're out of luck.

I think I figured out that when I'm in a period of sleeping on my back most of the time, the medium works best. Then after a week or so I'll decide to sleep on my side most of the time and the large works best...

Maybe if I decided to sleep on my head the small would be good...

Happily, all three sizes come with the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
I really like my P10, don't get me wrong, but there are nights when the way the pillow itself "sits" on my upper lip that I want to just pitch the whole thing out the window. I don't know why (because I never asked why not) but when I got my first cpap machine, the guy that delivered it told me not to sleep on my back. I find it hard to do that as some nights I just don't sleep well no matter what I do.

I think I just might order a large size pillow so I can satisfy my curiosity. I've currently been using the medium because I could never really decide which one I liked the best or worked the best for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
the p10 comes with 4 sizes of pillows xsmall, small, medium and large.

the regular ones get small med large, the 'for her' ones get xsmall small and medium, and a different colored, but same sized stretchy bit.
Post Reply Post Reply
I went from the small to medium pillows and the leaks were reduced by quite a bit. Now I am using the Medium Pillows and a headband for a chin strap and ResScan reports 0.0 leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
I am using the women's head band attached to a men's mask, with large pillows...no leaks, I can toss and turn it stays put...

I apparently have a small head, but large nose...typical Brit...lol

My tech did a great job of fitting me for this mask...

Will see what time brings, one sleep at a time...

Stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
Grin 
I am finally eligible for a new mask kit and after using the nuance pro I am going to take all the advice I have heard and get a P10, I just ordered it. I'll let you guys know how it turns out when I actually get it.

The Nuance Pro was good but here at the end the headgear really is not holding up all that well. I hope the P10 does better.

So here we go!
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you didn't like the headgear of the Nuance, you won't like the P10. It's headgear is, basically, a wide rubber band.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-22-2014, 05:49 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: If you didn't like the headgear of the Nuance, you won't like the P10. It's headgear is, basically, a wide rubber band.

I loved the headgear from the Nuance, problem is it has some form of nonslip type stick on the back of it, and though it was great for 4+ months it has been wearing badly now. It will stick to itself if it rolls just a bit and the top is now pulling up on the pillows.

As to the mask itself, I liked that as well, but the air port in the front is quite annoying the way it blows.

If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, that back strap of the Nuance is nasty. I'm thinking of covering mine with vet wrap.

Give the P10 a try. You may like it. I hope you do.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,678 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,298 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,149 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 38,995 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,812 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,068 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips RayBee 17 13,026 10-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Last Post: berkshire17

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.