Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10
RE: Resmed AirFit P10
Thanks, I hope so too, I hope it lives up to the hype!

Yah I was afraid to cover mine for fear it would get slippery and make matters worse.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-21-2014, 11:09 AM)Galactus Wrote: I just saw this review thread, and have posted in the main area on another like it. I am just wondering if anyone out there using the P10 has also used the nuance pro, I'd love to know how they stack up to each other. I am specifically wondering about the lack of a swivel hose on the front of the P10 vs the Nuance pro. If anyone out there has used both I hope they will come by and impart some experience.

I have both - Nuance not Pro though. P10 is a better fit and wedges my nostrils open a bit, while the Nuance is flatter and blocks them just a tad. Nuance is a bit more stable but the P10 does not move too much either.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-28-2014, 09:40 PM)englandsf Wrote:
(02-21-2014, 11:09 AM)Galactus Wrote: I just saw this review thread, and have posted in the main area on another like it. I am just wondering if anyone out there using the P10 has also used the nuance pro, I'd love to know how they stack up to each other. I am specifically wondering about the lack of a swivel hose on the front of the P10 vs the Nuance pro. If anyone out there has used both I hope they will come by and impart some experience.

I have both - Nuance not Pro though. P10 is a better fit and wedges my nostrils open a bit, while the Nuance is flatter and blocks them just a tad. Nuance is a bit more stable but the P10 does not move too much either.

Thanks for that information. Mine is supposedly going to be on the way in the next few days, I'll let you know what I think too when it finally gets here. Can't wait.

Post Reply Post Reply
I go back and forth between the 2. Like the Nuance Pro as far as the hose/swivel better than the P10. I also get less leaks using the Nuance Pro large pillows. BUT, I like the P10 better for overall comfort/fit. I use the medium pillows with the P10. If I had to choose 1, it would be the P10.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-30-2014, 08:37 AM)Buckeyedog Wrote: I go back and forth between the 2. Like the Nuance Pro as far as the hose/swivel better than the P10. I also get less leaks using the Nuance Pro large pillows. BUT, I like the P10 better for overall comfort/fit. I use the medium pillows with the P10. If I had to choose 1, it would be the P10.

My original issue with the nuance is that front air port that is on an angle, somehow it always manages to blow on me and it is annoying. When it is not blowing on me it is making a whistling or whooshing noise. I like the headgear and the mask overall but it has a few small annoying features I hope the P10 doesn't have. Like anything else you can never tell till you try it, and I am awaiting its arrival albeit impatiently. My current nuance the headgear has stretched out and the back where it is sticky is kind of rubbing off, it's about at the end for it.
Post Reply Post Reply
I guess I can consider myself a new P10 user - I didn't do so well with the N10's so thankfully my DME didn't give me any fuss and just handed me the P10's LOL!

Last night was my first night with it. I noticed I tossed and turned a bit more than usual, but I feel more like it was as a result of something that felt different on my face than the nose pieces I've tried. Sometimes it felt as if I wasn't getting enough air - I started with the extra smalls at the DME and early on in the night, but quickly changed those to Small and I felt like I could breathe a little better. I may actually try the mediums tonight to see if that makes a difference.

The headgear worked perfectly for me. Not too tight, nor too loose.... sorry, channeling Goldilocks there Smile Just in one night, even with those slight issues, I like it a LOT so far. It's so "non complicated" - and my sons can't call me "Bane" anymore Smile
Sandy
Post Reply Post Reply
I've been using P10's for about a month.. and they are the only mask I've had, so I do not know anything else.. :-)
just recently diagnosed.. and it's an amazing thing, Oxygen..

I use mediums, and noticed that early on, i would wake up with small sores on the inside middle of my nostril, I soon found that while I'm laying down (back sleeper), if I pull the pillows down and out from the edges (not breaking contact with my nose), it re-aims the pillows and aligns them with the center of my nasal passage.. no more sores.. and i have zero leaks now.

hope this helps somebody.. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2014, 01:34 PM)YetiHead Wrote: I've been using P10's for about a month.. and they are the only mask I've had, so I do not know anything else.. :-)

I use mediums, and noticed that early on, i would wake up with small sores on the inside middle of my nostril, I soon found that while I'm laying down (back sleeper), if I pull the pillows down and out from the edges (not breaking contact with my nose), it re-aims the pillows and aligns them with the center of my nasal passage.. no more sores.. and i have zero leaks now.

Also note that if use some HPA Lanolin it will sooth your nose in the event they stick to you.

I have noted that it seems like the pillows on the P10 are treated with something, and when new and fresh they do not stick at all, but as time goes on it seems whatever they are treated with wears off and they begin to stick.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-12-2014, 01:34 PM)YetiHead Wrote: I've been using P10's for about a month.. and they are the only mask I've had, so I do not know anything else.. :-)

You may be a new P10 user but this type of post is a gem -- little maneuvers that set the pillows without actually moving them around enough to irritate are a key to comfort that I have been trying to communicate for months.

Anyone with a P10, especially with irritation issues, should read and re-read YetiHead's post, as well as all other similar descriptions.

These maneuvers are difficult to describe in words so you may have to interpret our ideas but pay attention carefully to the little things we say about positioning the mask and try them until *YOU* find a way to avoid the irritation that works for you.

Remember: Irritation is about fit, pressure, and movement just like in a show that blisters.

Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
Personally, I don't mind the 'stick' whether a new or old phenomenom.

Stick prevents movement, movement causes irritation. Smile
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,683 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,300 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,153 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,002 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,816 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Coffee Man 39 25,069 02-27-2022, 09:46 PM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips RayBee 17 13,032 10-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Last Post: berkshire17

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.