Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask
RE: Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask
I agree with the 5 stars. I have only used it for a couple of weeks.
First of all I like to mention that my provider charges $25, because Medicare apparently doesn't pay enough for them to make money. However, since I get a 3-months supply, I'm OK with it.
As to washing it with water, apparently that's not recommended. I use wipes as they suggest.
Also, the AirTouch cushion is supposed to last only for a month!
Back to the 5 stars; I have a narrow face, are a  side sleeper and have had trouble with leaks no matter what masks I have used in the past. With the AirTouch, the leaks are minimal and the soft foam is a lot gentler on my face than the silicone cushions.
I do have a little red on the bridge of my nose, but I can live with that since it's usually gone by the end of the day.
Post Reply Post Reply
I forgot to mention another plus of the memory foam and the different shape of this cushion. I am breathing through my mouth and with the AirFit20 the silicon would slide above my chin and create massive leaks. The foam cushion, I guess it's perhaps longer and narrower, keeps my mouth covered and doesn't slide up.
Now all I need is a way to stop my mouth from drying out even with Xylimelts! Nothing is perfect in this world. I'm looking forward to moving to Mars Smile

Haven't used the Apnea Board for awhile because I don't have Wi-Fi but it definitely is worth using my limited cellular data.   Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
New CPAP user here. I have the F20 AirTouch (large), and I wore the F20 AirFit for my sleep study.

I have a rather large head, and a full face.

I find that I can't easily get a good seal with the AirTouch around the eyes, unless I get the straps cranked down. This causes chafing at the back of my neck. I did not have this issue with the AirFit. I don't think the memory foam seals nearly as well, as it isn't as flexible as the silicone seal of the F20 AirFit.

I also have a beard, and I find that the AirTouch chafes my chin.

I may try the F30 AirFit, but if nothing else, I'm going back to the F20 AirFit.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since the sizing for the airtouch seems to be a size smaller than the Airfit, I really wish Resmed wouls make an Extra-Large Airtouch F20 Mask, that would be perfect for my wide nose bridge
Post Reply Post Reply

I have used the Airfit F20 (Medium) everyday for over a year. It is very successfully treating my moderate sleep apnea, original diagnosis was around 15 AHI and have been averaging 0.5 AHI for the last year of treatment. My biggest issue is that it pinches the top of my nose and causing red marks that have darkened over time. I have tried using mask liners such as those found on padacheek but when I use that liner it causes the mask to leak way too much no matter how I tighten it. So I have been switching between using the mask with the liner while letting the redness heal and the then moving back without the liner when it has healed. This has been a back and forth process for half a year. 

In order to finally try to combat the redness issue I tried out the Airfit F30 last week and the redness is now applied to the sides of my nose and only after to 2 days and very pronounced it wasn't even very tight. I'm back on the Airfit F20 for now. I have tried the Airfit F20 (large) size as well and it leaks like no tomorrow. The Airfit F20 is not the perfect mask but for me it works. 

I'm also looking into the Airfit P10 (medium) and will be trying that soon.
Post Reply Post Reply

For the first time ever I have found a mask which doesn't blow into my eyes! The AirTouch is in fact a bit tight on the nose which I initially thought would be a problem, but that's not the case. (There is some reddening which quickly goes away). Otherwise the mask is very comfortable with a good seal, once properly adjusted. The first few nights I got excessive leakage around the corner of my mouth - this was disturbing on a number of fronts including the fact that I swallowed half the air and it set my lips vibrating so much the machine recorded as a snore. Some judicious adjustment of the straps overcame the problem.

This is my new favourite mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yup, first mask EVER that I have tried that was this comfortable!

I don't know why these masks are not given as an option from the get go.  I have a feeling there are gazillions of people that would benefit from this mask.  Perhaps even cutting down on the number of people that give up therapy.

My husband has an idea for a further improvement on this mask Smile

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I see your pressure is higher than mine.  Do you have to scrunch it real tight?

I am curious about your husband's idea.
2010 sleep study 63 AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello readyforsleep.

Yes, this is a little drawback of late that I am willing to live with.  But it is not uncomfortable for me to do so.  It may be time to wash the head gear though.  

Husband's idea:  Can't reveal because if not already in the works by someone or already patented we may try to proceed with said idea  Bigwink

Are you having trouble with the mask?  If so, what is happening?

Plmnb
Huhsign  WARNING: It may take a while to sink in...I tend to get befuddled at times.
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently "graduated" (? ... lol) from the AirFit P10 to AirFit F20 with the silicone mask, last night was my first night. Going full-face seems to have been beneficial, I felt more "bright" and refreshed this morning, as I think my P10 was leaking due to a loose strap (didn't know about the clips that came with it) and I kept opening my mouth during the night.

However after reading this, I've decided to try purchasing the AirTouch F20 memory foam cushion to see if that works better. I did notice the silicone mask occasionally leaked with the slightest movement of my facial muscles, even with the straps pretty tight. That occupied me a number of times overnight having to adjust the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 9 1,340 04-11-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Lgibson
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 25,183 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask yankees123 18 7,287 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,445 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,444 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 23,281 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] F&P Vitera Full Face SarcasticDave94 7 6,369 12-17-2021, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Mutineer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.