Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask
RE: Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask
Hmm. Thanks for the update. I'm interested in trying the foam one but not sure I want to now. They use the same frame, right? Just different cushions?
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Same frame and headgear. Just the cushions are changed. You might like it. It just wasn't for me.
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-16-2018, 05:30 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Hmm. Thanks for the update. I'm interested in trying the foam one but not sure I want to now. They use the same frame, right? Just different cushions?

Correct. I have received several of both style cushions for starting on the AirFit F20. Cushions just pop in the frame.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I get a lot of leaking at the top of my nose with any nasal or FFM. The Simplus came the closest but had to use the liner which is a PITA. These masks are quite expensive so I'm hesitant to get one. But since they use the same frame, I just get one then get the cushion of the other.

Great reviews! Thanks!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW my images should give visual that for a specific size, the top point that goes across the nose is more narrow on the memory foam AirTouch. Hope this helps others in deciding.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got one of these a few weeks ago. At first I didn’t like it. In fact, I didn’t get through the first night with it due to leaks. Then I decided to give it another shot and shave my gotee in an effort to stop the leaking. It worked and I think i may like it better than the N20, mostly because it solves my mouth breathing issue without the need to wear a neck collar.
Post Reply Post Reply
I started with an AirFit F20, and picked up an AirTouch F20 cushion to try. Coulnd't control the leaks at first. Tossed it aside.

Tried again, finally got the leaks under control - and it's the one I ended up sticking with. Why? I found the foam (when properly adjusted to my face) would cling to my jaw as it fell down and back (I don't wear a chin strap or a cervical collar). That was enough on the AirFit to cause a leak, but on the AirTouch - the cushion moves with my jaw and I rarely get leaks (that I wake up to at least).
Post Reply Post Reply
Walla Walla3
(04-16-2018, 09:36 AM)Walla Walla Wrote: The good: Like the Airfit Mask it comes with a well designed headstrap setup. Easy to adjust and the straps are away from the eyes. Somewhat noisy vents but easy to get use to.

The bad: What is suppose to be the selling point of the mask is actually the problem. Unlike the Airfit the mask doesn't rely on air to push the mask up against your face to create the seal. It's designed to have the small foam part create the seal by tightening the straps. This results in deep narrow ruts in the face from the small foam edge. On the Airfit the silicone inflates against the face over a wider area to create a seal without leaving the deep marks. Also the straps can be worn looser with the Airfit.     

One other note is the Air Touch is more narrow around the bridge of the nose than the AirFit. For me this resulted in my nose becoming plugged up as the night went on.

Revisited the Air Touch and have changed my rating

The good: Like the AirFit it has good headgear that keeps the mask in place. It's simple to exchange mask cushions and doesn't require a new frame to change from Air Fit to Air Touch. I didn't have any leaks and didn't need to over tighten the straps. I wrote previously that I had problem with leaks but that was due to the wrong size cushion for me. On the AirFit I use a medium and it turns out I use a large with the Air Touch.

Recently Resmed added a new elbow vent called Quiet Air to the mask. I think this puts the F20 well above any other full face mask on the market and may even give the Famous P10 a run for it's money. The new elbow has reduced the noise and air steam down to half of what it was. I actually feel less air pressure from the F20 vent with my hand than I do with with the P10. I've included two pictures of the new elbow beside the old one.

(click on pictures for closer view)

The Bad: Well it is a full face mask so you still get that itchy nose once in awhile from the air.

Hope this helps those trying to decide on a full face mask to try. One last note your better half will love this new vent. Wink
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Is the old one on the right in your pictures?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The new one is on the left. If you look at the top view you'll see they added a plastic ring shield that covers the vent holes.
Download SleepyHead
Posting Charts
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 2 669 Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,695 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask yankees123 18 7,021 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,302 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,227 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 Full Face Mask Coffee Man 39 22,824 05-08-2022, 01:55 PM
Last Post: drmaestro
  [Product Review] F&P Vitera Full Face SarcasticDave94 7 6,238 12-17-2021, 05:26 AM
Last Post: Mutineer

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.