Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask
RE: Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask
I'm a stomach sleeper.  Is anyone else who has tried the P30i also a stomach sleeper?  I love to hear any comments.  The Dreamwear seems to have a similar tubing arrangement but I couldn't use it, and have had my best results so far with the P10.  Any and all comments appreciated! Thanks in advance.
Post Reply Post Reply
Even thought you are a stomach sleeper you would probably sleep with your head to the side. This will not be an issue for the P30i as I do this myself sometimes.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks holden4th! It would be an out-of-pocket cost for me, but it sounds like it might be worth my while to try one.
Post Reply Post Reply
I had an issue with the headgear sliding up the back of my head during the night. I replaced the standard Resmed headgear with a Respironics DreamWear Headgear with Arms that solved the issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is my review of the Resmed P30i mask. My mask of choice for the past few years has been the P10.

It's taken some getting used to.  More than I would have thought.  The first few nights it felt like I got less sleep somehow.  I am thinking it is because you can hear your breathing much more since the tubes run up alongside of your head.  So it sounds more noisy to me, even though it doesn't actually make more noise as a mask than the P10. I think I just had to get used to the sounds of my breathing but once you get used to it, it's kind of like white noise as I think someone already mentioned in this thread.

Initially, it seemed to bother my nostrils (nares) a bit, which was strange since the cushions are very similar to the P10.  Perhaps the tightness ended up being a bit more due to how I situated on my head.  Once I made a small adjustment to where the top tube sat at the crown of my head it was much more comfortable and my nares were just fine.

There are a lot of benefits to this mask though!  Way, way, way less leaks.  It seems much more stable on your head and just stays in place.  My leak numbers are almost non existent since I have been using this mask.  Any that do happen I think are due to a small amount of leaks past my lips.  But nothing excessive.  I also love how it does not blow very much air in front of your face at all.  Much less than the P10 so I think wearing a short sleeve shirt in the summer for sleeping will work with no cold air blowing on my arms.  I like the quick detachment on top for if I need to on rare occasion visit the bathroom at night. I also find, in general, that breathing is easier somehow with the P30i than with the P10 though it is not like I actually struggled to breath with the P10. Just somehow even easier to breath.

So there is a lot to like about this mask and I am overall quite confident that this is my mask of choice going forward. I tried many, many masks before I settled on the P10 a couple of years back but the P30i has replaced the P10 as my daily mask so that tells you how much I like it. Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
I was using the same type of mask, dreamwear, and find them very similar.  Like the dreamwear, my headgear slides off my head during the night.  I changed to the wing type headgear that the newer dreamwear has.  That fit fine and no more problems with the HG.   My other problem came with the size of opening in the nostrils.  The Medium P30 was like a small in the dreamwear.  I have ordered a large but have not received it yet.  The force of the air seems less in the P30 so much so it seemed as I had to "suck" the air (14 cm) where as the dreamwear felt like the air was blowing into my nose.  I hope the large will fix that.  Over all both masks are very similar and really I would buy which ever is cheaper.  Because the P30 is a new mask for Resmed I have not seen any price reductions in it while the dreamwear is a little cheaper.  By the time I need another replacement the price on the P30 will probably come down also.  I would recommend the P30 without hesitation but take into consideration the headgear and size of the nasal pillows as I stated earlier.  The one on the left is the P30 in the picture both are medium.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-04-2020, 03:44 PM)staceyburke Wrote: My other problem came with the size of opening in the nostrils.  The Medium P30 was like a small in the dreamwear.  I have ordered a large but have not received it yet.  The force of the air seems less in the P30 so much so it seemed as I had to "suck" the air (14 cm) where as the dreamwear felt like the air was blowing into my nose.  I hope the large will fix that.

I've found that a good rule of thumb is "go big." Often, the size I measured to be correct was too small and had what felt like an impeded airflow, and the next size up was in the Goldilocks zone. Go as big as you can without getting leaks.
Post Reply Post Reply
Fits well, I liked the leak-free pads. It was too loud. Tubes pulling turbulent air right past my ears. Who thought that would work?
Bruce
Post Reply Post Reply
I don’t have trouble with the noise at all. If I do, it usually just means there is a fold of loose pillowcase near the elbow vent, and that is easy to fix.

However, even though I’m a big guy, and use the Large cushion (and would use an XL cushion if it was offered), I use the Small frame. The Standard frame is optimistically named ....

If the frame is too large for you, the tubes will be too close to your ears, and yes that will make it louder.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nice to hear that about P30i mask. I have bought with 60 % discount from other cpap user unused N30i mask. And then I have got from another cpap user a large P30i nasal pillows. They are compatible with N30i. And just now DME is checking my sleeping at yearly control. Because of corona, it is made distant without going to hospital. When the control is over, I try that new mask. Now I have P10. So, I am happy.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 2 665 Yesterday, 03:35 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,301 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,153 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,224 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,148 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 48 25,599 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Last Post: sm315
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,005 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.