Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask
Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask
Hi There,

Today I received the new Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask from Resmed, made right here in Sydney Australia

Here is the link to the product page https://www.resmed.com/au/en/consumer/pr...-p30i.html

This mask is identical to the N30i nasal cradle mask, reviewed in other threads, except the cushion (while interchangeable with that headgear) is completely different.

I will focus in this post just on the cushion, because that's the main point of difference, but also cover other elements of the mask.

The nasal pillows are pretty much the same as the P10, however as there is no air hose coming out the bottom, Resmed has placed the diffuser there. 3 sizes come in the pack, although I have a narrow nose I find the LARGE size works best.

I have already had a nap using the mask and while it is a bit noisier than the P10, I find it ok and rather relaxing, hard to describe, but if you can sleep with a P10 and Airmini you'll love this mask.

The diffuser is brilliant. Some air vents constantly from the joint at the top of the mask, and the rest below the pillows near your mouth. You cannot feel ANY air coming through at all and neither will your partner

Other pro's for this mask:
* hose attaches at the top and swivels, so no need for one of those separate arms (that attach under the mattress) to hold up the hose.
* the thing the hose attaches to at the top can be unclipped in a second so you can get up/out of bed without removing the whole mask (note the Dreamwear mask doesn't have this feature)
* The hollow tubing that carries the air from the top of the mask around both sides to push up the nasal pillows is flat so sleeping on your side you don't notice it, and don't feel it compressing next to your face)
* Resmed have wrapped a fabric around the rubber mask sides for a better and warmer feel on your face
* you can pull and shape the mask to keep it right away from your face, as it's all soft pliable material, which cames a bit squashed in the pack when you get it.
The cushion just pulls off the frame for cleaning and clips back.

Tossing and turning in this mask is easy as the tubing is above your head not across your throat/body

I'm not a pro, just a 23 year CPAP user who has tried just about every mask released in the last quarter century, so apologies if I left something out.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask
Great review! Thank you. Do you think the P10 pillows will interchangeably snap into the holder on the P30i?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-12-2019, 03:38 PM)Marillion Wrote: Great review!  Thank you.  Do you think the P10 pillows will interchangeably snap into the holder on the P30i?

This is the same headgear as the n30i. By looking at a product image of the p10 nasal pillows. I don't see a way they could fit. 

On another note, I would love to purchase the p30i nasal pillows for my n30i setup. How long before USA gets products after they are released in AU?

Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Please keep general discussion in the Main Forum. This way everyone can benefit!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
P30i Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask Review
I went from using a Swfit FX to P30i. I purchased the starter package which came with small, medium, and large pillows. From time to time, I also use the full face mask F20.  Here are couple points I would like to highlight:
  • The large pillow was exactly the same size as my large Swift FX pillow in terms of nasal hole diameter and width. The kit did not come with a measuring tool to help pick the correct size pillow even though it was pictured in the advertisements. The website does not have a measure tool to download to help pick the correct size. 
  • Mask is extremely quite. 
  • Really nice design and fits nicely.
  • Side face straps use a fabric as the outer layer so your skin does not have tube impressions.
  • I was always was paranoid with purchasing the Swift FX replacement pillows online because sometimes I would receive them in ziplock bags. I was paranoid because I can see someone making a business by cleaning and reselling the pillows as new condition. The P30i is harder to clean thoroughly because of the internal cloth filter so I think it should be easier to identify the condition upon receiving replacements.
  • The face area is more open since the tube to mask connection is now on the head. 
  • The slight air leak at the tube to mask connection still occurs like on the Swift FX but does not seem to be a problem since the connection is on top of my head. In the past, the Swift FX model caused an air leak and would be annoying when laying on my side and the air was hitting a sheet. 
  • Replacement pillows cost $30.00.
After using the devise for two nights, I fully recommend upgrading to this devise. This is really going to help me sleep better at night.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is a very timely review for me.  When I went through my sleep study they gave me the Resmed Swift FX mask that I had been using with all three sizes of nasal pillow cushions. The nasal pillow large size cushion fits me best because of a deviate septum left nostril.  

When I got my machine they gave me a Airfit Resmed N30i nasal mask and and the medium size nasal cushion fits best.  However, because of my deviate septum left nostril I found that my left nostril sometimes felt as if it was collapsing against the inner part of my nose.  Because of this I switched to the Swift FX and the large nasal pillow cushion.  This allowed me to have the air forced into each nostril separately.

I like the Airfit N30i mask with the top fitting hose better than the Swift FX mask.  I want to buy a Airfit p30i nasal pillow cushion for the N30i mask.  I wasn't sure if I needed a medium size since the medium nasal cushion size works best with the n30i, or a large size since that works best with the Swift FX.

After reading the above I believe I need a large size P30i nasal pillow cushion since that size works best with the Swift FX.  Thanks for the reviews, they have been very helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
I plan on getting this mask after getting store credit at a particular webstore for my N20 which was a horrid experience.
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased the P30i nasal pillow cushion and received it yesterday.  I had been using a Swift FX nasal pillow cushion with my N30i mask in place of the n30i cradle cushion.  I used the P30i last night and had a 100% mask fit and AHI of 0.74.  Even though that is for only one night I feel that this may be my cushion of choice from now on.
Post Reply Post Reply
I accidentally washed the mask last night in the washer. Seems to be ok.
Post Reply Post Reply
I purchased the N30i when it came out a few months ago and really like it. I find it preferable to the Dreamwear as the nasal cushions mold around the base of my nose much better.

This week I went and purchased the medium size P30i pillow. As the P30i mask has the same frame as the N30i the nasal pieces are interchangeable. I've always found that the pillow on the Dreamwear would irritate my nose after a few days use. The P30i pillow does not seem to do this, leaks are better contained and the whole thing is just that much more comfortable. A big thumbs up for this mask and especially the pillows.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed F40 Full Face Mask (* new *) WakeUpTime 2 656 11 hours ago
Last Post: fixed it
  [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30i Full Face Mask plakky 6 6,298 12-23-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  [Product Review] AirFit P10 versus DreamWear cmk17 22 35,149 11-28-2023, 06:01 PM
Last Post: Kathy14225
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,221 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Resmed AirFit P10 eviltim 190 124,121 11-30-2022, 12:40 AM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] Resmed AirTouch F20 Full-Face Mask trish6hundred 48 25,589 08-19-2022, 06:57 AM
Last Post: sm315
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 38,993 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.