Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Respironics Nuance / Pro Mask Review
RE: Respironics Nuance Pro
Jonne4c, if the air is not hitting anything (like the sheets) then take the mask back. Mine makes no noise at all.

As for the setting, just pick any nasal pillow. I doubt it makes a difference. The Nuance is rather new and I doubt they've updated it yet. You can check their information page for the mask or perhaps the paperwork that came with it to see if they say what to use.

For the hose, they always mean the main hose, never the mask hose. The mask's hose is usually smaller due to weight.

And as soon as I figure out how, I will merge this thread with the other Nuance review thread found here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ask-Review

PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Nuance Pro
I get that whistle noise every now and again when the mask isn't sealed. Move it around a bit and try turning the hose this should improve the seal and make the noise go away. I just got it a few days ago and I love it. Hope that helps.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics Nuance Pro Mask Review
Threads merged. Coffee
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
He said the noise was coming from the elbow. But yeah, not being seated right will make all sorts of noise! And make the new dog bark. And sometimes the cat will swat your face.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-28-2014, 02:55 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: He said the noise was coming from the elbow. But yeah, not being seated right will make all sorts of noise! And make the new dog bark. And sometimes the cat will swat your face.

I know this is going to sound stupid, I'm going to say it anyway though :Big Grin I saw it was from the elbow, and that is how mine whistles too through the elbow that is fixed in the nose part. The funny part is it whistles through the elbow when it isn't seated right under my nose. I don't know why it does this or how the airflow makes it whistle through the elbow but that is what it does. if I move the nose around and seat it better it stops whistling through the elbow. I know if I say don't ask me why, you'll ask me why, so I won't say it, but don't! Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
Oookay. Now that's weird. I'll have to test mine and see! I wonder if the air direction changes just enough...and there's not much room for it to bounce around for a while first or anything...huh.

Thanks for clarifying!

But it is still weird. Bigwink
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes it is quite funny, it seems there is a very tight fit in there and so that bend on the nose and the small pointed holes with 18 setting gets just right to start a whistle fest. The first time it happened I thought I was doing something wrong as it was almost a shrieking noise. Then I moved it a little and it snugged up and stopped. I must say though I really like this mask, the way it feels, the way it seals, and the way it lets me sleep. All around it is a great mask for me.

Try it out see if you can get yours to whistle dixie or some other merry tune, who knows if we make a video it might go viral LOL!
Post Reply Post Reply
LOL I will!

And yes, I love this mask. When I first got it, I looked at it and said "not gonna work. going to leak like a sieve." But it doesn't. I was pleasantly surprised.

But I am not getting the Pro headgear again. That silicone is hot and has left marks on my face. Never had a mask that did that. Sure, the first hour or so, but not all day. We're going to cut up an old tshirt and wrap it to see if that helps. I have very sensitive skin. I think it is reacting to the heat of it. If it were summer, I'd be in trouble.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Really? You don't like the gel headgear? I love that headgear! That gel is so soft on my face, it feels so nice. I hated the way the cloth rubbed on me. I also like the way the gel seems to keep everything in place. Well that's why they didn't stop with vanilla and chocolate Big Grin As long as you're happy and I'm happy we can be happy together.
Post Reply Post Reply
Further proof that you are very, very weird.

(note that you are the weird one, not me.)
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,234 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask trish6hundred 75 74,376 12-16-2021, 07:56 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Phillips-Respironics DreamWear Crimson Nape 56 61,280 10-20-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
Thumbsup [Product Review] ResMed AirFit F30 - A Comprehensive Review and Helpful Tips RayBee 17 13,042 10-09-2021, 06:14 AM
Last Post: berkshire17
  [Product Review] Philips Respironics Dreamwear Full Face Mask FLsleeper7 10 7,714 04-20-2020, 02:47 PM
Last Post: hmonnier
Wink [Product Review] ResMed AirFit N30i Review/Comparison with DreamWear srlevine1 5 8,631 12-13-2019, 05:35 PM
Last Post: Feedsack
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit F20 FF mask review StevesSp 6 4,713 10-16-2019, 04:50 PM
Last Post: ragtopcircus

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.