Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex [copied from old forum]
Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex [copied from old forum]
ken51937 Wrote:5

I have got my Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex for a month now and I am quite happy with it.

After doing some research in many Apnea communities, I notice that Respironics has made some enhancement on their  PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex. The major improvement are back-lite display and reduce noise. I ask my wife if she has heard the machine noise and answer is no. I could not say it is the most quiet in the market or not as I has not tested all other models, but it is noticeable quiet.

The drawback of this machine still is the display is not back-lite during therapy mode. So, you are not able to see the operating status mainly the pressure at night without turn on another lamp. Another issue is the info. on the display, it would be nice if it can show daily info. besides the average data. I strongly suggest Respironics to enhance these and allow user able to update the firmware through SD cards.

However, if you weight the pro and con of features and it price tag, this is not a bad choice. To get this 2011 new enhanced version, suggest you ask and request your supplier when place order. Otherwise, you may get the older model.

Rating :

5 of 5 ( considering price factor )
4.5 of 5 ( considering only feature and performance )
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex [copied from old forum]
I received the Respironics System One Auto with A-Flex on November 2, 2011.

It is a great machine. Very quiet and I love how it tracks data on a standard SD card. Works well with SleepyHead software to give you the ability to look at and gather data trends.

I like how easy this machine is to change settings.

I would like the ability to update the firmware. I haven't found anything online as to how to change this. Asked my DME about updating the firmware version.

They had no idea as to how to do that.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2012, 08:23 PM)cbramsey Wrote: I received the Respironics System One Auto with A-Flex on November 2, 2011.

It is a great machine. Very quiet and I love how it tracks data on a standard SD card. Works well with SleepyHead software to give you the ability to look at and gather data trends.

I like how easy this machine is to change settings.

I would like the ability to update the firmware. I haven't found anything online as to how to change this. Asked my DME about updating the firmware version.

They had no idea as to how to do that.

my wife and i have twin duelin' system one automatic a-flex's. we love them. my wife got her's paid for by insurance and when i replaced mine i had to do it out of pocket because i was well short of the five year replacement. i could have bought anything, but chose to get another system one because we liked hers so much and.... it was so much cheaper. people talk of them being noisy. i don't think so. if one of us gets up at night we don't even know if the other is wearing it because we hear nothing out of either one. you need to get and run encore viewer if you don't. it don't have all the flashy sleepyhead stuff, but in it's own way is better once you get used to it. it's good to have both and compare. if you need it pm me for a place to download encore viewer and pro. i think its here someplace too.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Xeroid, I moved your post to here in the Main Forum where it will get better responses than in the Review Forum.

It can be found here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...ith-A-flex
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay, I know I'm a newb, but this is a good machine?

What is a not so good machine? I would gladly trade for something much, much more simple.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a PR550P and a PR560P.  These are the most quiet machines I have owned [caveat - the mask is almost as important as the machine in this regard]. 

I don't recall the dates, but between the two they have served well since about 2010. 

The 560P has 16,800 hours and seems as quiet today as when it was new, and is working as well as it did on day one [as near as I can tell]. 
The 550P has 9,900 hours, I keep as my backup and I use it occasionally to verify it remains operational. It also is quiet and fully functional. 

It seems they are no longer being sold new - but if you happen to see one used and are shopping on a budget - the hours above might help a buy decision.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] The Phillips Respironics DreamStation Go -- One Person's Choice David Govan 15 13,965 11-14-2019, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Kellysfriend
  [Product Review] Resmed S9 VPAP Auto and Respironics PR760 BiPAP Comparison holden4th 4 5,139 01-31-2018, 03:29 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  [Product Review] Phillips Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro Bompa 8 12,066 04-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Last Post: oldteddybear
  [Product Review] Respironics System One REMstar Pro C-Flex+ [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 9 19,435 11-18-2015, 04:05 AM
Last Post: cate1898
  [Product Review] Resmed S9 Escape [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 6 13,349 02-04-2015, 03:47 AM
Last Post: truckerdad57
  [Product Review] ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 44 64,920 04-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Information How to Review a Product in this forum SuperSleeper 0 15,137 02-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.