Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Respironics System One REMstar Pro C-Flex+ [copied from old forum]
Respironics System One REMstar Pro C-Flex+ [copied from old forum]
Betbeder Wrote: 1

I have just got this machine now for a week on rental from my local district health board, and quite frankly, it has some good points and not-so good points.

Good points are:

Adjustable pressure relief when exhaling - makes breathing much more comfortable.
Automatic turn-on is a great feature.
Can be used (without the humidifier) on airlines.
The water tank can be opened and washed.

Bad points are:

No heated tube, so rainout is a big problem  Thumbs-down-1
The heating of the water is pathetic to say the least.
Very small water tank.
Not an all-in-one system - it has a separate power supply brick.  Thumbs-down-1
Not easy to set up, as there are so many options.....
The automatic turn-off feature does not work.
The machine is not very quiet at night, so consequently.....
My wife hates it!!!

So, overall my star rating is not good - it gets 1 star.

I'm going to try to go back to the F&P 604 machine.....
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Respironics System One REMstar Pro C-Flex+ [copied from old forum]
lctotx2 Wrote:5

I disagree with betbeder's post. I own a Phillips Respironics System One C-Flex and this thing doesn't have any sound at all it seems when it's in full operation. My wife, who can hear a mouse pee on cotton at 300 meters can't even hear it when it's on. In fact, the only time she hears it is if I knock the mask off my face during the night and all she has to do is tell me to put it back on.

Never had an issue with the small amount of water considering there is always water to be dumped out every morning when I wake up.

I don't know what rain out is but I'm assuming it's condensation in the tube? If that is the case then I haven't noticed that as well.

A friend of ours has a CPAP machine he's brought over on nights we party and he's too drunk to drive home and that damn thing sounds like Darth Vader on Steroids when it's in use and it can be heard all over the house and it drives the wife nuts. Probably explains why my wife hates this guy....

Anyway, it's a damn good machine. It does its job and as far as too many settings so what? You shouldn't be messing with them settings anyway I figure. I do agree that the auto off function doesn't seem to work but that wouldn't wake my wife up to have me put the darned mask on............RIGHT????

I'll give this machine 5 stars.
Post Reply Post Reply
donaldm823 Wrote:1

:annoyed: I too do not like the PR1 Remstar Pro 450. I tried it for 5 days and I am in the process of returning the PR1 for a ResMed S9 Elite (still waiting for delivery);. The following disappointments were noted during my use of the PR1:
1-user interface very hard to read from bedside unless directly over it/ B&W. S9 is color and can be seen from an angle
2-user can not access daily data for AFI and leakage/provides only 7day and 30day average. S9 provides prev day data on the LCD as well as 7d/30d
3-no leak check mod-unable to use CPAP for troubleshooting mask leaking issues. S9 has a leak check mode with leakrate available immediately on the LCD
4-humidity control very poor and not effective, causes face to sweat and resultant air leaks
5-air is not heated or temp controlled. S9 is heated air with optional hose
6-exhaust lower pressure is erratic and does not follow my breathing pattern
7-first turn on of machine causes an over pressure which unseats mask (need a gradual press increase)
8-air hose is stiff and causes mask to unseat when user in bed
9-SD card access is poor-requires removal of wireless modem. S9 SC card access is not inhibited/covered by the wireless modem
10-software is not available for free and purchased software is not compatible with Windows 7.
Free Rescan software available on this forum as well as Sleepyhead software
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-17-2012, 11:59 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
Betbeder Wrote:1

I have just got this machine now for a week on rental from my local district health board, and quite frankly, it has some good points and not-so good points.

Good points are:

Adjustable pressure relief when exhaling - makes breathing much more comfortable.
Automatic turn-on is a great feature.
Can be used (without the humidifier) on airlines.
The water tank can be opened and washed.

Bad points are:

No heated tube, so rainout is a big problem Thumbs-down-1
The heating of the water is pathetic to say the least.
Very small water tank.
Not an all-in-one system - it has a separate power supply brick. Thumbs-down-1
Not easy to set up, as there are so many options.....
The automatic turn-off feature does not work.
The machine is not very quiet at night, so consequently.....
My wife hates it!!!

So, overall my star rating is not good - it gets 1 star.

I'm going to try to go back to the F&P 604 machine.....

I got a new System one a couple weeks back to replace an older Remstar machine. Used it for 2 nights and it sounded loud like a whine noise to it. It kept us both awake. I called my supplier and took it back. It was some sort of fault with the machine. We found a couple more new ones that were as loud or louder than my first as well. We checked another and it was really quiet. It turns out its much quieter than my old one too.
SO if yours is loud it may have a defect.

Post Reply Post Reply
I had the same experience, in reverse - my test version was quiet as a mouse, and the permanent version wasn't. It seems that the difference was that I tested it without a humidifier, and the bulk of the noise comes from the humidifier itself, acting like a big echo chamber. a full tank is quiet, but if you start with a half tank, like usually do (hey, I have to make my own distilled water, so I am sparing) then it starts off quite noisy until it heats up.

Never had rain-out. And sleepyhead works fine to read the software. no problem getting the chip out either.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have a REMstar Pro C-Flex+ Auto IQ which I have had for 31 days. No problems to report at all except downloading a manual. Will be purchasing a heated hose next time I'm home from Northern Alberta. Power is sometimes an issue so I've hooked the machine up to a UPS (uninterrupted power supply) and tested the Cpap, works just great.
Are we allowed to talk about the cost of these machines?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-03-2014, 03:58 PM)Masterblast Wrote: I have a REMstar Pro C-Flex+ Auto IQ which I have had for 31 days. No problems to report at all except downloading a manual. Will be purchasing a heated hose next time I'm home from Northern Alberta. Power is sometimes an issue so I've hooked the machine up to a UPS (uninterrupted power supply) and tested the Cpap, works just great.
Are we allowed to talk about the cost of these machines?

Cost, yes. Offering one for sale or trade, no.

As for using the UPS for backup, see this thread:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-Post-Pics
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Is noise still an issue with this machine?
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply
That's a question better asked on the Main Forum than here. You'll get an answer much faster. This forum is for reviews.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Paula.
APNEABOARD - A great place to be if you're a hosehead!!  Rolleyes  

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
EVERY ACCOMPLISHMENT BEGINS WITH THE DECISION TO TRY!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 5 16,056 09-05-2020, 02:20 PM
Last Post: GWild
  [Product Review] The Phillips Respironics DreamStation Go -- One Person's Choice David Govan 15 13,958 11-14-2019, 01:52 AM
Last Post: Kellysfriend
  [Product Review] Resmed S9 VPAP Auto and Respironics PR760 BiPAP Comparison holden4th 4 5,132 01-31-2018, 03:29 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  [Product Review] Phillips Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro Bompa 8 12,061 04-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Last Post: oldteddybear
  [Product Review] Resmed S9 Escape [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 6 13,348 02-04-2015, 03:47 AM
Last Post: truckerdad57
  [Product Review] ResMed S9 AutoSet CPAP [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 44 64,908 04-04-2014, 06:15 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
Information How to Review a Product in this forum SuperSleeper 0 15,133 02-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.