Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Review: Core Products Foam Cervical Collar, Black
Review: Core Products Foam Cervical Collar, Black
review of Core Products Foam Cervical Collar, Black

I bought this collar because of having my jaw fall out of my full face mask and cause leaks. After reading information on positional apnea, looking at my Oscar data and reading about cervical collars for this issue, I decided to try one. In the past, I had tried various chinstraps but found the didn't work for me. 

I ordered it from the Canadian site of amazon. I purchased this cervical collar in the 3" inch size (note it turned out to  really only be 2 1/2" under the chin). 

For me this collar has been a success, I've seen a big decrease in positional apnea & mask leaks and an improvement in my AHI. 

What I also like about this collar:
-it has a "chin cutout" (the collar is narrower, dips down where it fits under the chin and is only 2 1/2" under the chin. I bought a 3" collar from another brand that did not fit me and was too tall. Subtract 1/2" for the size as stated to measure under the chin. ) 
- it is black which means it will not show dirt as readily
- it is moderately comfortable (it is more comfortable with my long hair down and the collar on top of that)
- good price, I only paid $16.76 Canadian for it

I wish it had a removable cover but I assume that would be difficult due to the velcro attachment. 

I plan on purchasing another collar as I assume being foam, it would take quite a while to fully dry after washing.  like
Airsense 10, Vitera face mask, Foam Cervical Collar, Silent Nights mask liners 
Canadian, diagnosed OSA in 2008 with 87 AHI pressure 16-20
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Review: Core Products Foam Cervical Collar, Black
Thanks for your review! Looks like a well-priced product that works.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] AlaxoStent Review (6” FDA Approved) SleepyCPAP 64 10,916 02-19-2024, 06:58 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Product Review] Blabok Neck Brace cervical collar ejbpesca 0 1,495 09-20-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] VELPEAU Neck Brace -Foam Cervical Collar zzzZorro 16 5,077 09-03-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  [Product Review] Review of the Lookee Ring Sleep Oxygen Monitor with vibration alarm. paperboy 3 3,704 07-27-2023, 03:15 PM
Last Post: SnoNoMo
  [Product Review] Corflex Ultra Cervical Collar Aludj 12 9,297 07-09-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: sailon1
Cool [Product Review] Review Futuro Sleep Collar Rice95 9 7,245 06-10-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Labromaniac
Thumbsup [Product Review] Core 400S Levoit VeSync Smart True HEPA Air Purifier RayBee 1 2,429 08-31-2021, 02:25 PM
Last Post: RayBee

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.