Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Review Futuro Sleep Collar
Cool 
Review Futuro Sleep Collar
Before starting therapy without a neck collar, I had numerous OA's(obstructive airway events) even while using CPAP.

I read on this forum about the use of neck collars to help with 'chin tucking' I didn't think I could wear something like this at night but since wearing it, I have reduced and sometimes eliminated my OA problems. Any other OA events I attribute to rolling onto my back of which I have a system that seems to be working with that as well. The Futuro soft collar was ordered on Amazon and has been great. Its comfortable and I don't even know it is there. Don't put it on too tight. Allow 2 fingers to slip between the collar and your neck. I call it a snug fit but it should not be restrictive or uncomfortable. Everyone is unique in body type. Experiment with the fit, check your numbers and adjust the velcro strap accordingly.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Review Futuro Sleep Collar
Thanks for the review! Link added to wiki.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Rice,
Since this is a Review Forum, I split the discussion concerning the DS1 issues and what you can do about it.

Find it here in the main forum:

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...amStation1
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I made a DIY SCC out of 1" upholstery foam and a large bandana and the results were impressive, but it needed to be taller. I've been using a Futuro Neck Cervical Collar from CVS for $22 for three-days with even better results. The box indicates the Height measurement is adjustable from 2.5" to 5". Without using the adjustment strap, the best I could get was 3.5". Last night was the best and the only change I made was flipping the SCC over so the chin notch was down and not under my chin thereby holding my chin up 0.5" more. Big difference. Because of the way the velcro is attached, the collar doesn't make a smooth curve around the neck which is noticeable. Even in the correct orientation, I didn't feel support on the jawline, only on the chin. Bottom line, it works in a pinch, but I'll be using  the 30-day satisfaction guarantee and getting another one.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
I’m now using a Corflex collar. This one has been great! It’s only 11.99 …
CA and OA decided to call HYOP and the 3 of them crashed RERA's place, and then the 4 of them decided to call Large Leak to meet in an Unclassified location while Rice95 had the best night of his life.

Bed         best sleep I've ever had...
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for this review. I usually use a Berg 4" soft colar but notice that really the height is 3.5" at most even when worn upside down to eliminate the chin dip in the foam. I am looking for something higher now. I did notice with the Futuro that the documentation says that height is up to 5". From all reviews I have read, that is simply wrong and not even close to that height. For me I am still looking and have found 2 on Amazon that appear to actually be 4' and 4.5 inches tall. I will review once I get them
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m using a Corflex 4-1/2” small now and there’s a huge difference for the better. It’s more comfortable and it keeps my mouth closed. And less expensive than the Futuro
Post Reply Post Reply
That is great! Where did you get a 4.5 inch one? Can't find one that tall on Amazon. Do you have a good supplier?
Post Reply Post Reply
I went with "The Rehab Supply Shoppe" on ebay.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you sooo much for your kind and fast response. I did not know of that vendor. They carry the full line and the sizing information was gotten off the Corflex website. They have quite a few sizes! I got the small (I have a pencil neck LOL) and the 4.5 inch tall model.

You really helped me with this. My Berg 3.5 inch is no longer giving me enough support to prevent chin tuck which severely affects my numbers. Cheers! Big Grin
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] AlaxoStent Review (6” FDA Approved) SleepyCPAP 64 10,905 02-19-2024, 06:58 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  [Product Review] Blabok Neck Brace cervical collar ejbpesca 0 1,494 09-20-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] VELPEAU Neck Brace -Foam Cervical Collar zzzZorro 16 5,075 09-03-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  [Product Review] Review of the Lookee Ring Sleep Oxygen Monitor with vibration alarm. paperboy 3 3,701 07-27-2023, 03:15 PM
Last Post: SnoNoMo
  [Product Review] Corflex Ultra Cervical Collar Aludj 12 9,295 07-09-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: sailon1
Smile [Product Review] Wellue O2Ring initial review CZOscar 14 12,102 08-27-2021, 02:40 PM
Last Post: gettingbetter
  [Product Review] Review: Core Products Foam Cervical Collar, Black Purr3k 1 2,135 06-03-2021, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.