Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Six-Machines Compared With PSG Verification
Smile 
Six-Machines Compared With PSG Verification
This test cost me a lot of work. A dozen or so nights in full polysomnography and using six different machines. The machines were not optimized and were started at default settings. While results were not optimized, and the experiment was often uncomfortable,  I think it was worth it. Write me what you think.

I compared the efficacy and comfort of six different machines, and had an independent Sleep doctor report the polysomnograpic results from each trial.  The results of this experiment (one night each, on six different machines with PSG results compared to the machine data report results) is reported on my blog page.  The machines tested are:

1. APEX iCH Auto
  2. DeVilbiss Blue Auto Plus
  3. Löwenstein Prisma 20a
  4. Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP
  5. ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
  6. ResVent iBreeze Auto CPAP
See the results on my Blog at this link:

https://www.cpapblog.pl/2019/08/test-ran...-cpap.html
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Welcome to my latest CPAP efficiency test
Pcstud, thank you for posting this - obviously a LOT of work went into it. Did you only spend one night on each machine? If so you'd need to allow for the night-to-night variance we all experience and possibly some time to get accustomed to each different machine.

Nevertheless it's a valuable piece of research. Foe me the take-home lessons are: 1) Forum members are generally correct in recommending the Resmed Autoset as the best overall machine; 2) the Chinese makers still have some way to go before they match the market leaders.
Post Reply Post Reply
As I wrote elsewhere: Thanks very much for doing this study and posting the results. I appreciate your clarity about the limitations (one subject, and one night on each machine), and I’m impressed by some of the design elements (especially the blind scoring by a professional).

One huge surprise is the difference between the AHI observed at the high end and the low end. That’s disquieting, to say the least. And one piece of advice you draw from the study that seems really sensible is to have titration on the same machine that the patient will be using long term. (Kaiser Oakland, I’m looking at YOU.)

I hope some medical school researcher will see this so that multiple subjects over multiple days can be observed.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank You :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
Pcstud, that is an internal individual trial of of 5-machines head-to-head DeVilbiss Blue Auto Plus
Löwenstein Prisma 20a
Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP
ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet
ResVent iBreeze Auto CPAP

First I’d like to suggest a change in this thread’s title to something like, 5-Machines Compared With PSG Verification. I can do that if you agree.

We may be able to improve the translation and make a wiki from this.

Finally, if the machines not currently supported by OSCAR produce data, you might consider joining the OSCAR development team to help us break the data codes. That last item is up to Bonjour and would require you to submit data with time-stamped PSG so we can learn the code.

Just some ideas. Thanks for posting.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Of course, I agree with your suggestions. 
I would be grateful for your help in translation and would be happy to help you with the development of OSCAR.

Oh, unfortunately, I won't have memory cards from all these devices anymore. I had to return the borrowed machines. I have data from ResMed and Philips but they probably won't help much. I only have raw PSG records - if anyone would like to use them, I will be happy to help. 

However, if you need data from any of these machines, let me know. I can collect the data again. Just don't make me sleep with APEX again please.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you get to test machines again in the future, retaining a copy of the data from memory cards would be better. Everything else I'm happy to help with. Title changed and an introduction was added.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Six-Machines Compared With PSG Verification
thank's! :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
I moved this post to the CPAP Machine Reviews forum so it does not get lost.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-16-2019, 08:58 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: I moved this post to the CPAP Machine Reviews forum so it does not get lost.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.