Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Quattro FX or Mirage Quattro?
RE: Quattro FX or Mirage Quattro?
(02-09-2013, 03:56 AM)zonk Wrote:
(02-06-2013, 10:15 PM)Julius Wrote: Which chinstrap is the one you use successfully?
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTdNvMRo3hxd5LWcwuu0NZ...ik8X6J5rXJ]
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...-old-forum

Zonk, I am glad I checked and looked into your mask setup. With the chinstrap (not quite as good as yours) The Activa LT with the Softgel Cushion works extremely well for me, so far is the most comfortable setup with the least amount of leak.
This is the chinstrap I use:
[Image: RubyStyleAdjustableChinstrap_zps15b85934.jpg]Works pretty well for me so far.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2012, 06:37 PM)Julius Wrote: the Quattro FX is a very nice Full Face Mask, fits like a dream and it does not leak until I put my head on the pillow when it starts to leak pretty bad blowing air in my eyes. It was driving me crazy

Exactly my findings! When I rested my head on the pillow, the plastic straps that stick out to the temples pushed the mask away, so it started leaking like h*ll.
I have been using the Ultra Mirage instead for almost two years and recently I changed to the Mirage Quattro, which proves to be a considerable upgrade.
Post Reply Post Reply
I used the Mirage Quattro for about a year and recently switched to the Quattro FX. I found that I get a much better seal with the Quattro FX if I pull the top part of the headgear down so it is over my ears. Certainly not as it was designed, but it works a lot better for me.

I may look for a generic set of headgear that has straps in that area, but for now I just adapt the existing headgear to work.

This combined with a [link removed] pillow allows me to sleep on my back again.

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
got my new FX today, tried it on, seems to be ok. im a side sleeper so im a bit concerned with leaks but im gonna give it a shot tonight. the quattro i have been using has left me with two dents in my stupid forehead lol trying to get a way from that
Post Reply Post Reply
update, it was a rough night of sleep. Far too many leaks when laying on my side. Fair amount when sleeping on my back (which i dont typically do) FX is going back. need to find another FFM without the forehead thingy
Post Reply Post Reply
If you wish to discuss masks, the Main Forum is the place to do it. This area is for reviews. If you want to write a review for the Quattro FX full face mask, you will need to start a new thread. There actually isn't one for it, as far as I could tell.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...orum--5546
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Mirage Quattro Full-Face Mask Dreamcatcher 33 51,687 03-10-2016, 09:15 AM
Last Post: Mr Nifty
  [Product Review] Mirage Quattro Air Denial Dave 42 55,266 03-02-2015, 03:24 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Product Review] Quattro Air full face mask britincanada 14 18,533 12-14-2014, 10:00 AM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage Micro Nasal Mask zonk 3 8,876 04-14-2014, 10:14 AM
Last Post: PaytonA
  [Product Review] Mirage FX Nasal Mask [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 25 31,540 10-26-2013, 05:57 AM
Last Post: DOOM_NX
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage Swift Nasal Pillows System [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 3 10,609 04-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Last Post: GregCavalier
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage SoftGel Nasal Mask [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 0 6,575 02-17-2012, 11:48 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.