Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Sleepweaver Soft Cloth Masks
Sleepweaver Soft Cloth Masks
Received a promotional e-mail from CPAPSupplyUSA offering the Circadiance Sleepweaver Soft Cloth line of masks. Having never heard of such a mask, I'm wondering whether it is something new and whether any of our forum folk have tried it.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Sleepweaver Soft Cloth Masks
I did NOT try it, but seriously considered the FFM version due to congestion (as a back up mask) and researched it quite a bit.

TheLankyLefty27 has a YouTube video about the FFM if you are interested. Maybe others in the line.
Sweet Dreams,

HerbM
Sleep study AHI: 49 RDI: 60 -- APAP 10-11 w/AHI: 1.5 avg for 7-days (up due likely to hip replacement recovery)

"We can all breathe together or we will all suffocate alone."
Post Reply Post Reply
The Sleepweaver Elan was reviewed here:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Nasal-Mask
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

I tried the Sleepweaver Anew (full face) for a week. It was the most comfortable mask I have worn ( I am a side sleeper) but could not get it to fit properly. Leaked like crazy. I had to return it. Back to the hard plastic Quattro.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wore it for about a year, it leaks though. I wanted it to work so badly and actually thought it was working and it was just old. When I went for my sleep study the tech said the leaks were too high but I attributed it to the fact that it was old.
I ordered it with my last study but my pressure was set incorrectly at 17 and it would not stay on my face.

My thoughts are:

The mask is very comfortable, it's a bit hard to get it right however, it shifts and I found I was having to adjust a lot.

It is hot, it is cloth and covers quite a bit of your face, I had the old one that looks like an elephant trunk. I was going to try the new one but decided to do the pillows instead which I am finding does not leak as bad.

I think you can only use it with little pressure, I was on 6. Back when I first started, my doctor never talked to me about leaks, what AHI was, I was just given the machine and that was it, no follow up. Having the ResMed and the Sleepy Time software, I check the mask daily and so far, it's been fine, my AHI is low, some leaks which I am still working on but everyone says on this forum, my stats look good. THANKS TO THIS FORUM!!!!!

I HATED the pillows the first time I wore them, but now like them. I just got the P10 today and hopefully all will be good tonight. I will post my experience tomorrow.

Hope that helps. If you can exchange your mask, I would try it, it really is comfy, but leaks were an issue for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
I too unsuccessfully tried the Circadiance Sleepweaver Anew full face mask. My issues were leaks, noise and uncomfortable headgear. Something about the mask (the fabric?) creates a disturbingly loud air sound. It is so loud that I couldn't distinguish between leaks and the gushing air sound it constantly creates. The headgear has a rough surface and the side clips are difficult to fasten. I had high hopes that this mask would make side sleeping less leak prone but unfortunately, I'm much more comfortable with the F&P Simplus.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Sleepweaver Elan Nasal Mask Acroflyer 7 15,661 02-23-2015, 03:30 AM
Last Post: truckerdad57
  [Product Review] F&P Forma and Phillips Amara Full Face masks TomR1 16 18,487 11-01-2013, 08:38 PM
Last Post: me50

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.