Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] SnoreRx Mouthguard
RE: SnoreRx Mouthguard
I give Snorerx mouth guard 5 stars for the quality and effectiveness of what it is and does as an oral appliance. As for the cost, as I said an earlier post you can find a coupon code to use at checkout by searching one of the major search engines to save some money on it cause it's around $100.
Post Reply Post Reply
Zonk, I give it 5 stars for what it is and what it does as an oral device. Made well and is very effective at stopping snoring, as for OSA episodes I have no scientific evidence to prove it's stopped or slowed down, however, my wife has sat awake listening and watching and I had no visual evidence of it. It's not a cpap, but I can say for me it deserves the highest rating. The cost is a little high, but after the coupon it helped a little.
Post Reply Post Reply
I wonder if it a bit like the MYO from Australia? Used to use one of those and they were great!
Post Reply Post Reply
hi wilorg, from what I can tell when I google'd the MYO from Austrailia the principle idea looks similar but I didn't see any micro adjustments on that device, shows great for TMJ and teeth grind protection... also didn't see anything on how it can stop snoring. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing... Do you have a link you can share with the MYO, just curious on what you found to be effective about the MYO and its features. thanks!
(08-20-2012, 07:32 PM)proclaims1 Wrote: hi wilorg, from what I can tell when I google'd the MYO from Austrailia the principle idea looks similar but I didn't see any micro adjustments on that device, shows great for TMJ and teeth grind protection... also didn't see anything on how it can stop snoring. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing... Do you have a link you can share with the MYO, just curious on what you found to be effective about the MYO and its features. thanks!
Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
have you all filled out the survey requested by the admin here? It doesn't take much time and I think it is the least we can do for all of this support:

http://www.apneaboard.net/polls/index.ph...16&lang=en
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I completed the survey thanks for reminder!
I've been getting PM'd asking where to find the coupon for SnoreRx. Here's where I went [text link removed], they had a little form to have it emailed to me.... Also, if you google "snorerx coupon" there's some other sites that may have it too without giving your email info.

proclaims1: if you do not want to be PM'd concerning this, feel free to say so in this thread. You may still get some but hopefully not as many.

You had the right idea about the 'here's what to look up in Google". The forum rules do not allow links, even those that are just text, that point to commercial sites. - Moderator

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for all, please don't PM for where to find a coupon for SnoreRx... Please just Google it like I did. It's not hard to find one. Thanks to all!
Post Reply Post Reply
Nope, sounds like you got the right link already - the Myo was first given to me by my Osteo for both snoring and grinding, back when I was not diagnosably OSA, and it relieved both for quite some time, with very little usage - you sort of use it to train a muscle memory and after a while you don't need it every night. Of course you look like Big Bobby Clobber when you go to bed, and if you think that a mask can be an anti-aphrodisiac, try a MYO.... On the manufacturer's site there used to be a blurb about snoring, maybe they removed it. It did work for me quite well, I stopped snoring for a few months after a two week usage then rest, and I am considering using it again for a while, even with the nasal pillows, since one side effect of using a nasal pillow is you clamp your jaw shut, and I'm getting a bit of TMJ. That said, I do not recommend you packing in your CPAP if your are supposed to use one, just for this....

(08-20-2012, 07:32 PM)proclaims1 Wrote: hi wilorg, from what I can tell when I google'd the MYO from Austrailia the principle idea looks similar but I didn't see any micro adjustments on that device, shows great for TMJ and teeth grind protection... also didn't see anything on how it can stop snoring. Maybe I'm looking at the wrong thing... Do you have a link you can share with the MYO, just curious on what you found to be effective about the MYO and its features. thanks!

Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, I see what your talking about and that's a big concern... TMJ is what I made my decision based on cause I didn't want to risk that happened. Alot of these oral devices can actually cause this condition. This particular mouthguard protects against and actually helps TMJ sufferers which is why I chose it. thanks for the clarification.
Post Reply Post Reply
Will these mouthguards help with sleep apnea? I though snoring is not a sign of sleep apena.
Ron
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.