Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] AirCurve 10 ASV
AirCurve 10 ASV
I'm 4 days into my new AirCurve 10 ASV....
This is a 5 Star machine

I'm not very good at reviews, but here goes anyway.

What a machine! It came with the humidifier, heated hose, and very nice case.

I'm confident it is everything they said it was. 

I like the case very much. It packs everything in very well and is very light compared to the one (S8) I had before.
I like how easy it is to remove and replace and fill the humidifier.
Everything is just easy and accessible. It's sweet.
I like the way the screen works and the controls work great. I like being able to see what is coming next on the screen and what was last. I hate the blind menus (old unit) where you only see what you're looking at and don't know what's next. It's very easy to change the humidifier and ramp time and the results for the night are right there for you to look at as well.
It's all automatic. Just plug it in to your mask, I'm using a fullface, and it starts working. Unplug the mask and it stops. What can be better than that?
This thing works so smoothly you hardly know you're using it. The ramp up is very smooth it's unnoticeable when it kicks in. I've reduced my ramp time down from 20 minutes to 5 min.
The old unit would wake me up at times through the night. This one does not.

I can't think of anything I don't like.

If you have the need for an ASV machine, you can't go wrong with this machine. I was told that on this forum and I'm glad I followed the advice I was given.

I'm including a screenshot of last nights results just to show how well it's working for me.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: AirCurve 10 ASV
Thanks steve823. I just became a new owner of the Aircurve 10 ASV. So far so good. I will have to do a follow-up rating after I've used it some more.

Positives: A few things that I do like already are ResMed quality, the ClimateLine humidifier and heated hose combo running in the manual setting are equally important to me. It will definitely impact PAP therapy success for me.

Negatives: My personal opinion is that the only area that PR DreamStations seem better, and it's all personal opinion, is the UI screen. Now it could certainly be that is heavily influenced by the fact that I've only used the AirCurve 1 day so far versus having a DreamStation for 2 months. Specifically on the UI was that the PR was easier for me to see without glasses.

Also for some this may be important: humidifier on ResMed makes whole unit smaller if it's used, but the Dreamstation's humidifier detaches which is a plus for traveling I suppose.

Despite that one personal negative area, I would take the AirCurve over DreamStation.

5 already. My biggest reason is the ResMed algorithm in how it interacts. A close second is build quality, both perceived in hands-on usage and by reports of user/owners that their belief is that ResMed is the leader. As expected, and it does not make it wrong either way, owner preference will dictate which brand you choose overall. Much like Ford vs Chevy trucks IMO.

My $0.02 Dave B.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Since the original image in the review was an attachment, it may end up deleted. I saved that image in Imgur and am including it here.

[Image: JHm4cdqh.png]
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are using full face with hardly any leaks. My Nasal has much more leakage.

What brand and model of full face mask are you using?
Post Reply Post Reply
While I'm here to see what I had posted as an ASV review, my update is that I still believe all that was previously stated. Only now it comes backed by about 6 months of ownership/usage.

Still 5
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Smile 
Just after 2 years with the AirCurve 10 ASV and I couldn't be happier. My apneas are consistently below *1* Rarily I'll have a flier, usually due to a leaking mask after I should have replaced it.  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
lovely machine, simple to use, adjust, quiet...no complaints
Storywizard
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Thumbsup [Product Review] Resmed AirCurve 10 VAuto Luxsit5280 16 22,568 11-28-2023, 08:42 AM
Last Post: tbhausen

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.