Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Swift FX Nano
Swift FX Nano
Well awhile back I decided I wanted to try the FX Nano, it just looked like it would be more comfy than nasal pillows. Technically, it may be classified as a pillow system, but if you look at it, it really is not. It is made after the same fashion of the FX in the materials and such, but instead of having a pillow for each nostril, it is like a cap that just fits over the end of your nose on top and against your upper lip below. I must say this was extremely comfy! Very lightweight and I hardly even knew I had it on. Then I tried to sleep with it. For whatever reason my nose must be oddly shaped, because no matter what I did I could not get a good seal on that thing! I was so disappointed! On the upside, it uses the same headgear as the FX so I was able to swap out my head gear on my FX! Great idea, nice design, just did not work for me!
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Swift FX Nano
Hi mjbearit,
WELCOME BACK! to the forum.!
It's GREAT to hear from you again.
I tried that mask and, for me, the smallest cushion was too big and I didn't care for the headgear strap that went across the back because it landed right at the top of my ears, which made it uncomfortable for me. The silicon part which gose on top of the head was not a problem. The only thing that Resmed could have done was to include a head loop so you could put the hose through it to go above your head.
I tried to post earlier and I don't know what happened to it, maybe I forgot to hit the post reply button, hope it works this time, (Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-23-2014, 05:33 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi mjbearit,
WELCOME BACK! to the forum.!
It's GREAT to hear from you again.
I tried that mask and, for me, the smallest cushion was too big and I didn't care for the headgear strap that went across the back because it landed right at the top of my ears, which made it uncomfortable for me. The silicon part which goes on top of the head was not a problem. The only thing that Resmed could have done was to include a head loop so you could put the hose through it to go above your head.
I tried to post earlier and I don't know what happened to it, maybe I forgot to hit the post reply button, hope it works this time, (Ha-Ha.)

Well Trish I guess we are both doing well, I didn't see your reply until just now! LOL! The headgear is the same for the FX Nano as for the FX. I agree it does hit the ears, and supposedly it should be up high enough it does not do that, but no one took into account my big old melon when they made these things! To get a seal I have to let it ride lower. To give you an idea, you know those one size fits all baseball caps with the little adjuster in the back? They're too small! But I got used to the ear thing and it rarely bugs me anymore, unless I'm just frustrated in general! LOL!
Mike
As always, YMMV! You do not have to agree or disagree, I am not a professional so my mental meanderings are simply recollections of things from my own life.

PRS1 - Auto - A-Flex x2 - 12.50 - 20 - Humid x2 - Swift FX
Post Reply Post Reply
I would have liked very much for this mask to work for me. But the one size fits all, doesn't! I had to crank the headgear down so much that I woke the next morning with red marks all around my nose. No good, at least for me.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Airfit P10 vs Swift FX speed3914 2 6,393 12-09-2017, 01:45 AM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Product Review] ResMed Swift LT Nasal Pillows system [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 2 8,418 05-31-2012, 01:50 PM
Last Post: Sallybags
  [Product Review] ResMed Mirage Swift Nasal Pillows System [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 3 10,610 04-28-2012, 07:33 AM
Last Post: GregCavalier

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.