Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Tap Pap Mask
RE: Tap Pap Mask
So, several months on and I have become a successful cpap user, with Tap Pap a big part of the solution! 

a few points to make:

1)  The home-made "sweatband" we made to keep the hose in place works better for me than the straps you can buy for Tap Pap.  The reason is the factory straps run across the cheeks and I rub them off when I sleep on my side.  (Just like normal nasal pillow straps.)

2)  I put a screw in the wall above my bed head and fastened a pair of underpants up there.  I run my hose through the elastic of the underpants so I get an overhead attachment point to reduce tangles.
Post Reply Post Reply
if anyone ever thought improvising a hose hanger is difficult, #2 proves it can be done with whatever you have around. clever. :-)
Post Reply Post Reply
As the world turns, I quit using Tap Pap as I had a tooth bothering me.  (Unrelated to Tap Pap, for the most part, I believe.)  So I tried another nasal mask which does not use straps.  This is the Bleep mask.  I feel Bleep is a better solution to the mask question than Tap Pap.

I have a few more insights on the Bleep, but presume it would be more appropriate for me to post them on the Bleep thread.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.