Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] The Eliminator sleep collar
The Eliminator sleep collar
I have just purchased my third eliminator collar. I bought my first eliminator (blue) in 2018 from ebay and had success using it.  I found necessary to wash it regularly (monthly) as I tended to sweat while wearing it.  In early 2019 I purchased my second (grey) from AMAZON which had minor changes in appearance (label reduced in size and moved to RHS). In the next 19 months it was necessary to refurbish the velcro on the closing clasp a couple of times on each collar as they tended to weaken with use. Eventually the top of the collar that contacts the stubble under the chin began to show signs of wear and I looked to order a third collar. They were difficult to source at any reasonable price but last month they appeared back on AMAZON. When it arrived I was a little concerned as the top of the collar is now has significantly indent to accommodate the chin, apparently to improve comfort. This effectively reduces the height of the collar at the chin from just under 4" to just over 3.5" limiting its effectiveness for cpap users - at least for me. I did find however that by wearing the mask upside down (indent on bottom) it was almost as helpful as the original. I have included a picture of the three collars. 

As an aside I did contact the distributer about the change in design and he has kindly found one of the old design and sent it to me which is nice but I guess I will have to find another collar in the future.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: The Eliminator sleep collar
Has the Eliminator collar been effective for you to cut out the clusters of obstructive apnea?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have never had any problems with obstructive clusters but I do have problems with mask leaks especially with small movements and position changes. The eliminator collar seems to stabilize the P30i mask preventing mask repositioning. This has allowed me to adapt to somewhat higher pressures (move from fixed pressure of 7 to 9) which then seems to increase my respiration rate, even during sleep/wake junk and reduce the number of reported CA's.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for posting this, i will import one to try and reduce my clusters.

Cheers Cantab
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks all,

Cantab, where will you import from?

Will you have the option for the old version or the version with the hollow section for the chin?

From the websites I have seen there is no size option: is this one size fits all?

Thanks

Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Chris,

From the states, I didn't know there were different versions , I bought mine off Amazon.

Cheers Cantab
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Cantab

looking forward to your feedback and how long it took to get to you.

Chris
Post Reply Post Reply
I ordered one recently. This new generation product is way too small for me. The very small size would make me think it was designed for a child. I am 6 foot tall and 185 lbs. I would need two of them stacked together! It would be awesome if someone designed one that was customizable by either cutting or adding foam.
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-03-2021, 08:14 AM)SevereApnea Wrote: Thanks Cantab

looking forward to your feedback and how long it took to get to you.

Chris

Hi Chris i ordered it on the 29th , shipped on the 30th, due here 15/02/21

Cheers Nath
Post Reply Post Reply
My Eliminator arrived on the 12th.

It's a comfy fit,  but like the Futuro neck  brace the first couple of nights I had low  AHI numbers 2.1 ,  2.3 then it went up 7.1, 10 , 9 and 17. So at first I guess I don't roll over or something  much when asleep then when I'm used to it on I move freely and it wont stay in the same position ?
Cantab
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Blabok Neck Brace cervical collar ejbpesca 0 1,494 09-20-2023, 09:11 AM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] VELPEAU Neck Brace -Foam Cervical Collar zzzZorro 16 5,075 09-03-2023, 08:37 AM
Last Post: Fabby
  [Product Review] Corflex Ultra Cervical Collar Aludj 12 9,294 07-09-2022, 05:07 PM
Last Post: sailon1
Cool [Product Review] Review Futuro Sleep Collar Rice95 9 7,243 06-10-2022, 12:45 PM
Last Post: Labromaniac
  [Product Review] Review: Core Products Foam Cervical Collar, Black Purr3k 1 2,135 06-03-2021, 06:25 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Product Review] Cervical Collar fixed much of my CA issue richdreher 2 2,527 02-13-2021, 09:15 PM
Last Post: richdreher
  [Product Review] Carex Cervical Collar drmaestro 2 5,493 08-06-2020, 12:52 PM
Last Post: sheepless

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.