Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] The Phillips Respironics DreamStation Go -- One Person's Choice
RE: The Phillips Respironics DreamStation Go -- One Person's Choice
With respect to noise, you have to look at three dimensions. What does a partner hear? What do you hear. What hoses and masks do you plan to wear? First, my wife finds the Go to be extremely quiet. Second, I also find it as quiet if not more quiet than my ResMed S9 or 10. Third, your mask may be the most important variable. As you probably know, different hoses masks have very different noise profiles. The Go has the flexibility to be used with either a 12mm proprietary hose or any 15mm hose. With the 12mm hose and a ResMed Airfit P10 (pillow) mask, the Go is very quiet. How your body is positioned and the hose arranged will impact the noise level. I find it now soothing not bothersome at 4-10 pressures. 

I use the Go for not only traveling but also home use. I really like its software, its filter system, and its small footprint, and its not having an external electrical brick.
Post Reply Post Reply
This was my second choice but the ResMed S10 won because of the price and the mask was bundled in for free. but yah I think for me the top are the ResMed S10 and the dreamstation go
Take control of your machine
pick your weapon (ResScan/ OSCAR)
and be informed guys!
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-24-2019, 12:51 AM)lemonbomb Wrote: Hate that you can't use the humidifier at the same time as the batterypack 

You can use the humidifier, but recommend you use passive (unheated) humidification.  Having the air flow across the humidifier water is fine and will provide comfort without increasing power drain. If you want heated water, just add warm water instead of cold to the humidifier.  It is the heating elements in the humidifier and tube that drain power; the humidifier itself is fine, and if you have a large enough battery and recharging is available daily, go ahead and use the heat.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Go is louder than the full size Dreamstation, but this depends on how forcefully you are inhaling. While I am settling in, breathing can sound a little like wind outside the window. I don't mind this, and actually kind of like it. It gets more quiet as you relax. However, placing the machine on the floor helps a lot if it bothers you.

Personally, I find the 12mm tubing to be like breathing through a straw. 15mm is a lot more comfortable. The outlet of the machine is actually 15mm, and it accepts standard 22mm tube ends as well as the 12mm swiveling Go tube. Per the specs, the pressure control is more accurate with 15mm too. The weight and flexibility of the 12 is nice though.

Note that if using the integrated battery pack without the AC cord connected, the machine will not operate with the humidifier attached.
Post Reply Post Reply
I have to recant on the 12mm hose size. It works fine IF you ignore PR’s ridiculous recommendation to use mask setting X0 for non-PR masks. Any mask will be at least X1. Smaller-size pillows may need a higher setting, as will HMEs.

It is still true that the pressure control is a little more accurate with the 15mm hose per PR’s specs, but the errors stack up if the mask setting is wrong.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Convinced me. Thanks for your review!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Upgrade/Review: Dreamstation to Dreamstation 2 PajamaGame 3 8,944 05-19-2022, 08:14 AM
Last Post: CurtA
  [Product Review] Respironics PR System One REMstar Auto with A-flex [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 5 16,056 09-05-2020, 02:20 PM
Last Post: GWild
  [Product Review] Resmed S9 VPAP Auto and Respironics PR760 BiPAP Comparison holden4th 4 5,132 01-31-2018, 03:29 AM
Last Post: holden4th
  [Product Review] Phillips Respironics DreamStation CPAP Pro Bompa 8 12,061 04-20-2017, 01:52 PM
Last Post: oldteddybear
  [Product Review] Respironics System One REMstar Pro C-Flex+ [copied from old forum] SuperSleeper 9 19,431 11-18-2015, 04:05 AM
Last Post: cate1898

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.