Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] F&P Evora nasal mask
RE: F&P Evora nasal mask
I switched to the Evora a while back from the n30i mask. I really liked the design of the mask and how comfortable it felt at first. It was also less loud than my previous mask at higher pressure so that was a big deal for me. With earplugs I could barely hear anything when wearing the Evora while with the n30i I would still hear noise due to the fact that the tubes were going right next to my ears.

Unfortunately, the mask simply doesnt fit me. I keep getting leaks which wake me up. I am a side sleeper and I cant get a good seal on the mask, during the night I always get woken up by bigger leaks.

I also realized that I dislike the fact that the air goes on the sides and not to the front. Before I was worried about shooting air into my wifes face, now I constantly have air going on my arm ( I sleep with my arm under the pillow/close to my face ) or sometimes if position myself badly it hits the pillow and its pretty loud.

All in all, seems like a good mask but unfortunately it simply does not fit me.
Post Reply Post Reply
Picked up the F&P Evora Nasal Mask today ... anxious to try it.  

I loved the F&P Vitera full-face mask but the headgear straps around the back of my head were actually making a dent across my scalp -- it hurt every morning and the dents have stayed for months -- hopefully they will go away.  

I'm a mouth breather and thought I needed the full-face masks but I tape my mouth anyway so hopefully this Nasal Mask will work well.  The strap across the mid-section of the head (in the back) is thin and velcro still tightens them as needed.

There are nasal masks and nasal pillows --- this EVORA I picked up today is the MASK -- not the pillow (evidently fits over the nose/nasal area better).

Looking forward to a better night's sleep -- and again the Vitera is wonderful but I had to really tighten the straps for no air leaks -- to loosen them, I had a bad daily report.

Hope if anyone is having issues with their headgear denting into the back of the head / scalp -- try this mask.

Hopefully after a night or two, with the Evora, I can say  like
Post Reply Post Reply
TWO nights with the EVORA mask and it's been awful!

Fits to my nose okay -- and it's a MASK, not a PILLOW!

Can't keep the mask or straps in place and I've had lots of leaks.  My score has gone way down!  Having to readjust my mask throughout the night and on my ResMed unit, it shows a SAD face.  Get it back together and happy, then the next time I check, it's SAD again.  Soooooo frustrated!

The mask is very light and the straps are thin -- all that, I like it because it doesn't feel cumbersome as some full-face masks I've used.  This is the 4th mask I've used in little over a year.  The full-face masks have straps that fit over the lower back of my head and actually causes dents in my head/scalp.

I know I tighten my straps too much but when I don't, I get air leaks.

I have a phone app that detects snores, from none to epic and the last two nights, I think the background noise has been detected more than snores but with this mask, I even snore through my nose.   With a mask that doesn't work well or straps that cut into my head, I get up so tired and I dream more!  

I'm a mouth breather but I just tape my mouth so this nasal mask will work if I can just get the adjustments correctly.

I don't know if I'll make it through the two year contract or not!

Help    Cant-sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had the Evora for a couple of weeks.  SO light but I can't keep it in place.

I went back to the guy where I bought it and he first changed the mask from medium to small (said that's why I was getting air leaks) -- and you are right; there was no sizing guide.

He fixed the straps and I even marked them with ink to keep them in place -- put the mask on last night and it didn't last an hour.  Switched back to the F&P Vitera full-face (which by the way, the same guy checked that mask for me and I had a small headgear, which should have been medium -- and he fit that to me in the first place, so he switched it out and I marked the settings on the headgear).

So much trial and error; it's frustrating.

I'm considering the BLEEP DreamPort nasal mask -- no headgear.  I'm all about that.  But supplies may get expensive if the nasal part has to be changed out every day.

I'm a mouth breather so I tape my mouth shut.  Same guy I talked to yesterday said the chin strap didn't close the mouth all the way -- still air leaks so the tape is GREAT.  Just get one for sensitive skin; after a while it pulls on my lips!!

Good luck!!
Post Reply Post Reply
F&P Evora nasal mask
Stars:  3

F & P Evora

A bit about me.
Male
260 lbs
6’3”
Top of head circ. 23”
Chin >ears>head circ. 28”
Side Sleeper and back Sleeper. Not a mouth breather.
Short hair and no beard.

A. The overall value of the product (what you get for how much it costs).
Cost $52 Free shipping. You get the complete mask. I got a medium nasal cushion. I used the fit guide to choose medium.  Maybe a large would work better but based on the guide I am a medium.

B. Whether the product worked as advertised.
It does sort of go on like a baseball cap. It does sit under the nose.

C. What you liked about the product.
I liked the quality of the head gear. The cloth cover is really nice. The ease of assembly and disassembly of the mask. The vent system is good it vents out away from your nose and eyes. It was easy to clean. It very light weight and comfortable to wear when not in use.

D. What you disliked about the product.
The cushion is very soft. It doesn’t really have and thicker outside border area to help strengthen the mask. I found to prevent leaks (in the lip area) you had to way over tighten the headgear. Which is not recommended. This in turn cuts down on the air flow I felt like I couldn't get enough air. You can loosen the headgear and it feels like normal flow. Once you loosen it it leaks like a sieve. I think the mask was designed to have the weight of the hose and assembly help hold the mask down to your lip. This is no good for a side sleeper or if you move a lot.

E. Any suggestions you can offer to readers if they use this product themselves.
It is speculation but if you are a smaller person and don’t have large head like me. You sleep only on your back and don’t move a lot the mask may work good for you. If you like simple nasal pillow masks with the standard down exit tubing. You may like this mask.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
I recently got the Evora mask hoping that it would be as least intrusive as the Resmed P10 or N30 with the minimal design. But, I find that it's not minimalistic as the Resmed. On the Resmed, there is only an elastic strap to keep the mask adhered, but with the Evora, there is a hard, non-elastic section of the headband that's not as comfortable, and there is a over the head plastic strap.

First of all, even with the fit pack of 3 sizes of cushions, I could not get a good fit. Second, the way the headband fits on the head, the cushion tilts downward causing top leaks. It doesn't feel stable either. I can get much better fit with N30 mask, but it has it's caveat as well. I find N30 mask to push too much flow that I cannot fall asleep easily. The Evora has an opposite issue. When I lay down and on my side, I cannot get enough flow through the mask that I get anxious that I will wake up starving for air. I don't know how the orientation of my body effect how the air flow changes.

So far, I've tried two F&P masks, the Simplus and the Evora, and both do not work for me. I dislike Simplus design with the straps and the middle plastic structure frame, and it also leaks on the top unless I strap it real tight.

I wish I can get something that flow air like Resperonics Wisp, but works with simple elastic strap like the Resmed N20. Wisp has the best airflow through the mask that reduces my AHI the lowest. I'm a believer that airflow is different between masks even with same pressure settings on the machine.
Post Reply Post Reply
I want to thank everybody for their reviews. I was thinking about getting one since I can virtually get any mask I want. However, since I am a restless side sleeper with a mustache, I think I will pass. Thanks again.
"The object in life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." -- Marcus Aurelius
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,682 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] New F&P Evora Full Face Mask yankees123 18 7,010 03-13-2024, 07:52 AM
Last Post: DaveL
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,221 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 38,996 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask trish6hundred 75 74,355 12-16-2021, 07:56 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] BMC WNP Nasal Pillow CPAP Mask "Fealite" Sheepish 6 6,425 01-07-2020, 04:56 AM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Product Review] F&P Eson Nasal Mask RoRo 20 32,827 06-02-2016, 02:00 AM
Last Post: JamesW

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.