Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask
Sad 
RE: The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask
I am very unhappy with my Wisp facemask. It has only been one month and already it has come apart where it is fastened on each side - broke on both sides! If I have to replace it very month, I'm really going to be unhappy! Has anyone else had this problem?
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi gheagerty,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
There have been quite a few problems with the cloth framed version of this mask. I use the silicon frame and have not had any problems with it.
Hopefully you can get your mask problems straightened out.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you Trisha! I wasn't even aware there were 2 types to choose from as I was never given a choice. I will definitely try the silicone one.
Thanks again!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your welcome, it is a relativly new mask but you should have been given a choice between the two frames.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2013, 02:23 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Your welcome, it is a relativly new mask but you should have been given a choice between the two frames.

It is possible that the DME might have had one of the two types of Wisp masks in stock. Just sayin'.

Here are the labels for the two types of Wisp masks.

Wisp with Fabric Frame

[Image: WispFabricFrame_zps93209dd1.jpg]

Wisp with Clear (Silicone) Frame

[Image: null_zps71e9db8e.jpg]

The important items is the Reference or "REF" number. The Lot number will vary.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wisp Nasal Mask
This is the best mask I have ever used. I use a chin strap - I'm a mouth breather- with my Wisp and it works great. It's very small, fitting just over the nose with no forehead brace. This is one mask that I wear almost loose and it doesn't leak on me. Three sizes of cushions come with the mask. I found the S/M to be the best. The bottom button attachments are a little hard to work initially. I know of someone who just took them off and uses the Velcro attachment. The mask comes with a 12 inch piece of very light tubing with a quick disconnect at the nose so stopping the
machine to use the BR is easy. I don't get any pressure marks. It's easy to clean. Hope your experience is as good.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wisp Nasal Mask
Hi skyler,

My experience has been just as good, it's the best mask I have ever had the pleasure of using. I have tried it both ways, with & without the clips with good results either way.
Thanks for your review.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I tried the Wisp with the silicone frame for the first time last night. It felt loose, but didn't have any leaks. Slept well and my Sleepy Head stats were good. But I did have marks on my face. I sleep on my left side, but had marks on the right side of my face as well. I will be putting wraps on the frame to see if that is an improvement. If not I may try the fabric frame.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi scubberley,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Glad it worked fairly well for you, sounds like you've got a good plan of action to get rid of the marks on your face; it will be interesting to hear how it works out for you, best of luck.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
I've had good results, as well. I've loosened the mask considerably and have eliminated face marks. There are occasional leaks with my loose setup, but not enuf to worry about. I use the fabric frame, btw. I did just order an new mask tho. I ordered a Tap Pap which requires no headgear. I got it for a 30 day return guarantee so I feel comfortable with giving this kind of mask a try. My problems with head gear in general is that my face is sensitive to pressure so I do get marks from gear, and often the straps hurt ... as if I'm sleeping on a small rope or something. I feel a little like the Princess and the pea because these straps certainly don't look bulky but I'm very aware of them all the same. (I'm very new to this whole cpap machine/mask experience so I just may need time to get used to it all.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,682 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,222 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Respironics Nuance / Pro Mask Review allielb83 52 58,987 01-08-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 38,999 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] F&P Evora nasal mask yankees123 26 12,785 11-07-2021, 04:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Product Review] Phillips-Respironics DreamWear Crimson Nape 56 61,260 10-20-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Philips Respironics Dreamwear Full Face Mask FLsleeper7 10 7,708 04-20-2020, 02:47 PM
Last Post: hmonnier

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.