Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask
RE: The Respironics Wisp Nasal Mask
Hi SnuffySleeper,
It sounds like this mask just may not be a good fit for you. Masks are an individual thing so, what works for me, may not work for you.
Good luck to you in finding the right mask.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2014, 02:32 PM)SnuffySleeper Wrote: Anyone having problems with the wisp mask causing pressure soars on the bridge of their nose? I had this problem big time with the wisp. The mask was as loose as it gets and still it almost created an open wound on the bridge of my nose? Even after tightening it to the max it mangled up my nose.

I wonder why I am the only one experiencing this with the wisp? My nose is thin up top and wide at the bottom, maybe my facial features just don't work with this mask?

what size cushion are you using? mask liners may help. but you need to make sure you use the right size cushion and also make sure it doesn't go way up to the top of your nose. the wisp doesn't need to go that high up. I was using the small nasal cushion and then decided to try the petite b/c it doesn't go as high up my nose. I will use that one for a week or so and see what happens but the past 2 nights when I used it, my leaks were not too high but there were several long stretches of leaks and that isn't what I like to see. If it continues, I will go back to the s/m cushion but not the large as it is too high on my nose and they are not designed to be that high up and that may be part or all of the cause of your issue.
Post Reply Post Reply
Howdy,

Yep, I tried EVERY cushion. The large just fits snug on the sides of my nostrils. The medium is too small for me as it squeezes my nose on the sides and I feel I am not getting enough air.

My vendor was ready to give me the XL cushion to see if that works for the WISP, but my doctor took a quick look at my nose and told me to get another mask ASAP.

So I am using a swift FX with nasal pillows now, it seems much more prone to leaks, but I really like it. I only used it for one night, so we'll see how it goes.
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-20-2014, 03:29 PM)SnuffySleeper Wrote: Howdy,

Yep, I tried EVERY cushion. The large just fits snug on the sides of my nostrils. The medium is too small for me as it squeezes my nose on the sides and I feel I am not getting enough air.

My vendor was ready to give me the XL cushion to see if that works for the WISP, but my doctor took a quick look at my nose and told me to get another mask ASAP.

So I am using a swift FX with nasal pillows now, it seems much more prone to leaks, but I really like it. I only used it for one night, so we'll see how it goes.

I asked you these questions and when I was reading other posts, I saw more detail about your wisp experience and the cushion size, etc. in your other posts.

Sounds like you found the perfect mask for you and that is what is important. And, you don't have to buy or make mask liners!
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2013, 04:39 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: You should be able to get the cushions separately I would think, check the supplier list on this board at the top of each page.

what mask setting did you set your machine on? thx

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi me50,
I had my machine set on the nasal mask setting.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2014, 08:38 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Hi me50,
I had my machine set on the nasal mask setting.

that makes more sense to me. the dme has mine on nasal ultra.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, I know what you mean. I know the Nano is a bit different, yet, similar to the Wisp, and I thought I had read that the Nano mask should be set on the "Pillows" setting, so, who knows? Kind of confusing, )Ha-Ha.)
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-24-2014, 09:00 PM)trish6hundred Wrote: Yeah, I know what you mean. I know the Nano is a bit different, yet, similar to the Wisp, and I thought I had read that the Nano mask should be set on the "Pillows" setting, so, who knows? Kind of confusing, )Ha-Ha.)

be interesting to see what setting the others that use the wisp have theirs set at.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't much care for my Wisp. They gave it to me a titration sleep study. It is light and small and all, but I wake up with the tip of my nose being sore. Sometimes it moves such that inhalation is blocked, too. Seems like there should be a gel pad just inside the clear seal.

Your results may vary.

Timmo
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask lab rat 45 24,682 03-21-2024, 07:11 AM
Last Post: jdavis
  [Product Review] ResMed N30 Nasal Mask Review (not the N30i) AndyB 17 10,222 02-20-2023, 06:22 PM
Last Post: getzall
  [Product Review] Respironics Nuance / Pro Mask Review allielb83 52 58,991 01-08-2023, 04:08 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  [Product Review] AirFit™ N20 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear somnia16 58 39,001 08-13-2022, 08:16 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] F&P Evora nasal mask yankees123 26 12,786 11-07-2021, 04:30 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Product Review] Phillips-Respironics DreamWear Crimson Nape 56 61,263 10-20-2021, 10:41 AM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Philips Respironics Dreamwear Full Face Mask FLsleeper7 10 7,709 04-20-2020, 02:47 PM
Last Post: hmonnier

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.