Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Transcend travel Apap review
Transcend travel Apap review
Just spent my second night with my new Transcend auto with EZX. Either I have a defective machine or there are some design flaws. First, the EZX is not so easy. My machine was supposed to be set for the maximum relief (3cm) but it is barely noticeable. This is at a starting pressure of 5 so if it's not noticeable at that pressure it ain't much relief. Second, there is a faint but noticeable machine oil odor coming through the machine. It gets better after awhile but I think u just become acclimated to it because when you first put it on again, it is there. Finally and most worrisome is the whine that comes up through the mask (Airfit P 10). It is faint but persistent and it becomes much more noticeable when the house is quite, the lights are off and u are trying to get to sleep. It was so bad last night that I had to switch to my S9, which is remarkably silent, in order to get to sleep. So, I guess I'm not too pleased with this purchase. Hopefully it's a defective machine and I can get another. If this is typical however, it is not a good solution for someone looking for a travel machine and is used to the comfort and quiet of an S9 Autoset.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Transcend travel Apap review
most machines won't go below 4, so if you want to see a relief of 3, you need to crank up the pressure to at least 7.
Post Reply Post Reply
I suppose the machine oil smell will (hopefully) go away with time - but yuck, that sucks. The whine sound would drive me batty!
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-20-2014, 11:16 AM)diamaunt Wrote: most machines won't go below 4, so if you want to see a relief of 3, you need to crank up the pressure to at least 7.

Mine starts at 5 but goes up to 12 as needed (Apap). The relief was never noticeable.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do not have the APAP version of the Transcend, but my EZEX CPAP version had a distinctive odor also when I first used it. The second night that odor was not as pronounced. I took the unit camping for two nights and the odor is now gone, but the camp fires is what I smell now. I also agree with you about the EZEX, its not quite as effective as the C-Flex+ in my System One unit. I found that I can handle the pressure without the relief and I leave the EZEX off.
(06-20-2014, 09:29 AM)Sinkiller Wrote: Just spent my second night with my new Transcend auto with EZX. Either I have a defective machine or there are some design flaws. First, the EZX is not so easy. My machine was supposed to be set for the maximum relief (3cm) but it is barely noticeable. This is at a starting pressure of 5 so if it's not noticeable at that pressure it ain't much relief. Second, there is a faint but noticeable machine oil odor coming through the machine. It gets better after awhile but I think u just become acclimated to it because when you first put it on again, it is there. Finally and most worrisome is the whine that comes up through the mask (Airfit P 10). It is faint but persistent and it becomes much more noticeable when the house is quite, the lights are off and u are trying to get to sleep. It was so bad last night that I had to switch to my S9, which is remarkably silent, in order to get to sleep. So, I guess I'm not too pleased with this purchase. Hopefully it's a defective machine and I can get another. If this is typical however, it is not a good solution for someone looking for a travel machine and is used to the comfort and quiet of an S9 Autoset.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Upgrade/Review: Dreamstation to Dreamstation 2 PajamaGame 3 8,948 05-19-2022, 08:14 AM
Last Post: CurtA
  [Product Review] Somnetics Transcend CPAP mldavis99 13 23,199 05-14-2019, 10:25 PM
Last Post: Diotima245
  [Product Review] Philips Dreamstation Auto CPAP (A beginners review) stephennic 8 18,460 12-26-2017, 09:52 AM
Last Post: AshSF
  [Product Review] Cheaper Alternative: A comparison between BMC GII APAP and Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset sharp56 10 21,173 12-03-2017, 05:34 PM
Last Post: Sheepish
  [Product Review] Transcend EZEX CPAP Eleong2 11 18,850 07-04-2015, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Eleong2
  [Product Review] [split] Transcend Auto Travel CPAP Machine with EZEX sjssf 1 8,714 05-08-2014, 03:41 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
Information How to Review a Product in this forum SuperSleeper 0 15,137 02-20-2012, 09:56 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.