Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] SoClean 2
RE: SoClean 2
(02-27-2019, 05:57 AM)vroomvroom Wrote: This is great information, thank you!

I think if I do get a cleaner, it will probably be the UV light version of the new machine that came out (starts with an "L" and uses UV-C lights?) because ozone still kinda freaks me out lol

Also concerned about long term damage to the actual parts.

For the filter for the actual CPAP, do you use a charcoal filter as well, or only the OEM version of whatever it is they give you?

Sorry it took so long to post this reply for you; I never received notification of additional posts to this thread and just happened upon it while browsing.

I'd be more concerned about "shadowing" the UV light and missing spots, plus that method does nothing to clean the water bin or inside of the CPAP machine; blowing ozone through the entire system does that.  If you're worried about residual ozone damaging you or the machine, just run the "Mask Fit" mode for 10-15 seconds after the cycle is complete, which blows a lot of room air through the system and will flush out any leftover ozone. I've used my SoClean every single day that I've been home (about 6 of the last 8 months) and have noticed no degradation, having only replaced the nosepiece - using the original hose, mask and elastic mask band.

UV light has a lot of similarities to leaving your stuff out in the sun, imagine what sunlight exposure over time could do; by comparison I think ozone isn't much of a threat.

I just use the factory-supplied CPAP machine air filter, in fact I'm still using the very first filter that came with it 9 months ago - I pull it out and inspect it every now and then and it's not even slightly clogged.  I've rinsed it out once or twice and noticed almost nothing being washed out.  YMMV, of course.  And replacement filters are a ripoff; if I ever need more I'll be shopping around.  I think I got six of them with the machine, so those should last for years at the current rate.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.