Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Wellue Recording ECG with AI Analysis
Wellue Recording ECG with AI Analysis
Rating: 5

I was given this device for Christmas after mentioning my interest in its ability and the data it can acquire.  Given its price, I don't expect to see many in use here.   I thought I would review it for the curious.

What is included
  • ECG
  • USB connector for data transfer and charging
  • USB memory stick containing software
  • Halter attachment belt
  • Pack of 10 ECG adhesive electrodes (3M 2238)
  • Instruction booklet

Basics
The ECG's size is a little larger than a normal size band-aid, measuring  7/8" x 3-3/4" (20 mm x 95 mm).  It is attached to the chest area by either ECG/EKG adhesive pads or a halter belt, both are supplied with the device.  I found the halter belt more conducive for sleeping as it provides for better electrode contact while turning over.  Also, the mounting orientation and placement is dependent on the attachment option chosen, horizontal for the halter, and a 45 degree position for the adhesive electrodes.  

Operational Times
The ECG can store up to 10 sessions that total 30 hours.  Each recording session has a maximum time of 24 hours.  If the total time is exceeded for either limit, the device will automatically overwrite the oldest data first.  The data is stored on the ECG as a binary file, using the naming convention of, "R"+Year-Month-Day-Hour-Minute-Second (RYYYYMMDDHHmmss).  An example: R20211230212543.   The ECG will appear as a drive on the PC and provides direct access to this file for copying or moving.

Software
A USB memory stick is included with the ECG, that contains their ECG Browser software v1.0.0.  The software requires a free account registration on the Wellue site.  This acts as a private connection to upload the raw data to their AI analysis server to obtain a very nice, 5 page/800 KB, PDF report that lists the summary data and any area of concern.  The PDF file of the raw data for a 10-hour session is about 40 MB in size and is 232 pages long. The corresponding raw binary data file produced by the ECG is about 5 MB in size.

Note: An update is available from their site, v1.4.1.  The newer version continuously produces errors because it tries to connect to every USB device, including printers and card readers, on the PC. Its operation seems to expect every USB device on your PC to be the ECG device.  When it is not, an error message pops up.  This error will continue through every unrecognized USB device on the PC.  After it reaches the last device, it will loop back to the first device. This annoyance will continue throughout the software's use.  The "Try Again", "Cancel", and "Continue" buttons on the popup error have no effect, and will continue to error for every USB connection, then repeat, like I stated above.  I found that if you move the error Waring to one side of the screen and don't respond to it, you can continue.   After several emails with the Wellue support team providing screenshots and documentation, I gave up.  I have returned to using version 1.0.0 too.

Data Transfer
The data is transferred by use of Wellue dedicated software for either a Windows or Mac PC.

To import the data, you use a special connector that has a USB plug on one end and a spring clip connection with vampire type connectors on the other end.  The ECG has 4 contact pads that connect to the taps in the clip.  Using their software, you select the "Download" option, and it will import the data.  Immediately, you can view the raw data in atypical ECG/EKG graph plot, with each page representing a 1-minute section of data.  For me, this plot could have been a map to "Where's Waldo".  You are given the option to upload the data to be analyzed by Wellue's AI servers.  This takes about 30 minutes for the results to be returned in a nice readable PDF report.

Example Image - One of the pages of the graph:
[Image: attachment.php?aid=38547]

Sidenote on the report's validity:
To see if the report was genuine or just some "fluff" for the layman, I presented it to various doctors for review. All of them were quite impressed and wanted to know more about this device.  (I have to admit that I was surprised at the interest that it produced.)

An Undocumented Feature
While connecting my Wellue SleepU oximeter via Bluetooth with the ViHealth phone app, I noticed that a Bluetooth listing for the ECG was displayed.  Clicking on this notification produced a real-time data display from the ECG, with an option to record the data.  There is no documentation that this option exists.

Final Thoughts:
Because the data the ECG produces is s-o-o-o vast, it is highly unlikely that it will ever to be incorporated into OSCAR.   It is an impressive device that I would never have purchased on my own.  If you get one, don't be alarmed if some conditions are reported.  So long as they aren't occurring all the time, then it seems to be normal for their occurrence.   Kind of like apneas being reported when using a CPAP while you are awake.

- Red

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wellue Recording ECG with AI Analysis
That really looks interesting.
Great review Red!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Red, How has it been working for you so far??? Anything show up you didn't know about yet? Was thinking about getting one for myself...
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
It has been performing extremely well.  Without the AI data analysis that Wellue offers, I would not have a clue as to what I'm looking at.  Being ignorant of what is considered normal human events, I was "concerned" when it displayed several AFib and PVC events.  Some research revealed that these can occur during sleep and are not out of the ordinary.  It's only when they occur all the time.

Since there aren't any "call the doc and update my will" events, I am currently using it along with my oximeter once every 5 days.  I'm even thinking about extending the time period, since it is the same old data result.
- Red

EDIT: I forgot to add that Wellue's discount coupons can be used on this puppy too. Mine was purchased for about 25% less than the list price.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Wellue SleepU Wrist Pulse Oximeter Crimson Nape 21 6,535 01-18-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: kappa
  [Product Review] Viatom/Wellue versus CMS50F Oximeters - A Comparison Ratchick 20 9,421 10-04-2023, 02:27 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
Smile [Product Review] Wellue O2Ring initial review CZOscar 14 12,101 08-27-2021, 02:40 PM
Last Post: gettingbetter

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.