Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] O2 Ring Oximeter
O2 Ring Oximeter
The O2 Ring is sold under several brand names.  I have found it listed as a product of Viatom, Wellue, and Lookee companies and others.

The ring is perhaps the easiest wearable oximeter available.  Here's a list of things I experienced with the O2 Ring:

Purchase:

1. Online purchase went well from Lookee with delivery in 8 days.
2. Price $150
3. Older USB A connections (the port on the ring was not USB C) 

Wearing the ring:

1. The one size fits all works for my small thumb.  The ring did not work on another finger.
2. There was a pinching sensation at first, but with adjustments by slight turning and adapting, I can wear it at will for a sleep session.
3. Placing the longest part of the oblong device towards the hand is most comfortable and functional.

Charging:

1. The ring is best charged daily
2. The charge time can be over two hours
3. If the ring has not been used for an extended amount of time (weeks/months) the charge may take over six hours

Downloading data:

1. Apps for downloading data for oximeter reports: ViaHealth Android, ViaHealth iOS, O2 Insight Pro (Mac/PC)
2. Several attempts to get the ring to connect via Bluetooth are needed for a connection
3. Downloaded file data is often corrupted not producing a report
4. The ring stores data only for a very few sleep sessions (maybe 3) and then self-purges data

Importing data to OSCAR

Getting sleep session data to OSCAR has been a challenge for me.  From ViaHealth app Android to PC includes having to use another app to convert files.  Using ViaHealth app iOS, the binary files are easily transferred to a Mac computer using AirDrop.  O2 Ring data downloaded to the O2 Insight Pro app for Mac does not have the file version needed for import to OSCAR in the menu. Getting them visible in Finder for the import to OSCAR has been quite a chore due to its being hidden in Libray.

Support

I bought my O2 Ring under the brand name Lookee.  They have been quick to respond to the ring's issues.  Each response begins with a "Have you tried this," then followed with, "We are working on the problem."  Lookee is the support contact for the Mac O2 Insight Pro app.  Their instructions for the app were incorrect for my Mac and its OS.  The app needs much improvement at several levels.

Rating of three stars:

The O2 Ring has provided me with valuable oximeter data for evaluating CPAP therapy efficacy when it functions.   It is not reliable daily due to corrupted data files and incorrect start/stop times.  If the corrupt file issue is addressed, and the O2 Insight Pro app is made fully functional I will give it five stars.

I only give suggestions from experience as a fellow CPAP user, not professional advice.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] Wellue SleepU Wrist Pulse Oximeter Crimson Nape 21 6,844 01-18-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: kappa
  [Product Review] O2 ring data limit BlueSky1958 3 622 12-05-2023, 08:49 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Product Review] Contec CMS 50I Pulse Oximeter drmaestro 1 2,979 09-08-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
  [Product Review] Review of the Lookee Ring Sleep Oxygen Monitor with vibration alarm. paperboy 3 3,864 07-27-2023, 03:15 PM
Last Post: SnoNoMo
Thumbsup [Product Review] CMS50F Pulse Oximeter (USB, no bluetooth) Peter_C 21 16,242 09-05-2021, 10:13 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Oura Ring sonicboom 2 2,954 03-11-2021, 05:28 PM
Last Post: weiss27md
  [Product Review] Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Big Guy 5 2,803 02-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DaveL

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.