Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Wrist Pulse Oximeter CMS-50F
Wrist Pulse Oximeter CMS-50F
5 (Would give it 6)

[Image: $(KGrHqV,!icE4uULLJ9,BO(5tfq)6w~~60_12.JPG]

This Wrist Pulse oximeter CMS-50F can be worn comfortably on the patients wrist for easy spot-check of blood oxygen saturation and pulse rate. It can be used for monitoring daily activities and overinght sleep studies,The compact design is intended to give the patients great freedom while improving patient compliance.

FDA 510K Approved

* Compact and light weight design,fit comfortably on the patients wrist
* Simply plug in the sensor and out
* For spot checking short and long term monitoring applications
* High accuracy and repetition
* Friendly operation menu for the funcion setting
* 256k color OLED display with 4 directions
* Pulse strength:OLED Graphic display
* Battery Voltage indication:OLED graphic display
* Plethysmograph Wave to assist in obtaining a strong reading
* Can be used in high altitudes, at high & low temperatures
* Built-in Alarms for SPO2 and Pulse Rate
* Built-in Memory for up to 24hrs of Data Storage
* Ideal for Doctors, Home Health Care, Clinics, Hospitals
* Also can be used for Aviation, Sports, Mountain Climbers, Walkers
* Superior Color OLED Screen with Multi-Directional Views
* Brightness Adjustment for Viewing in any Light
* Built-in Rechargeable Lithium Ion Battery Cell
* Includes USB Cable for Download
* Includes SPO2 Monitoring Trend Software
* Inner flash memory for data storage
* Power supply:3.7V Rechargeable Lithium battery and accharger with USB interface

Optional:
*wireless links transmitter
* wireless links receiver

This wrist Pulse Oximeter is a little different from the slightly cheaper ones. It comes with software and can be used on your computer for live recording or you can record overnight on the oximeter then upload it to your computer for an indeapth review of the data. It can be used with Sleepyhead and other software.

In my opinion it is far more comfortable than the finger probe where the whole devise is attached to the finger. The probe is soft and will stay secure all night.

Most of these wrist Oximeters are available on Ebay and other sites on the internet. I hope your as please as I am with your purchase.

Software Screenshot:

[Image: cms50e-screenshot.gif]

[Image: spo2-report-1.jpg]

[Image: spo2-report-2.jpg]

Optional Extras

[Image: cms-50e-1.gif]

[Image: cms-50e-2.gif]

Thanks

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Wrist Pulse Oximeter CMS-50F

I got one of these, thinking it would be more comfortable....it wasn't.

I got mine from an e-Bay seller in China. Despite the horror stories, I think it went pretty well. Though I've had trouble now and then with stuff I've gotten this way.

I could get a do over....I'd probably have gone with either the CMS-50D or the CMS-60D....which use regular batteries.

The rechargeable battery in my CMS-50F won't charge past 75% now, and no idea how I would get a new battery for it.

Now I'm debating getting the Nonin XPOD (the one that'll plug into my AutoCPAP, except it cost more than everything I've gotten so far....)

Though think its the flex sensor that's probably the key to comfort.... which is probably available for other models....

The Dreamer.
You may be a dreamer, but I'm The Dreamer, the definite article you might say!
Post Reply Post Reply
I use mine every night. Smile
When the battery gets weak, it must be taken apart and it might involve
some delicate soldering.
I'll just do it when the time comes.
If I do happen to ruin it even worse then I'll just get another or something else that works with SO2 Assistant software.
Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
I bought my cms-50f in July of 2012 ($91 USD) on e-bay from a english distributor and it was drop shipped from China.

I thought the software was good. However the meter read consistantly 3% low as compared to two other 02 meters.

It worked great until Dec 2012 when the white tab button that is used to scroll thru the menues failed. Sad

It came with a 24 month repair warrenty and I have asked for service.

I liked the arlam feature; However it is loud but would wake me up when my 02 dropped below my specified set point.

The finger cuff was not very comfortable and I had to continually change fingers.

The probe connection to the watch like body is kind of cheap and I had to glue it to keep it from fallling out.

For a entry level 02 meter at a good price it was great, However I wished it was build a bit better.Unsure

My experiences...........

Eric Klatt
Post Reply Post Reply
ChoiceMMed MD300W1 Wrist Pulse Oximeter

It looks rather similar to the CMS-50F but it apparently uses different software (MedView software?) and might not be compatible with SleepyHead.

Has anyone used one of these? I would like to be able to use it with SleepyHead as described elsewhere in the forum in the case of the CMS-50X. Or maybe help to make it work.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-15-2013, 05:38 PM)SaviAtHome Wrote: ChoiceMMed MD300W1 Wrist Pulse Oximeter

It looks rather similar to the CMS-50F but it apparently uses different software (MedView software?) and might not be compatible with SleepyHead.

Has anyone used one of these? I would like to be able to use it with SleepyHead as described elsewhere in the forum in the case of the CMS-50X. Or maybe help to make it work.

SaviAtHome,
I have the ChoiceMed MD300W1 and MedView software.

Although it has worked well for me, build quality of the wrist unit is rather poor. Especially so for the sensor connector on the wrist unit. One has to be very careful when connecting the finger probe to avoid damage to the wrist unit. The push buttons are also very flimsy.

The finger probe is OK although it does hug your finger strongly and will get uncomfortable after a while. It looks identical to the CMS-50F probe, except for the connector.

Bottom line is that this product would probably not hold up well under heavy use. I use it sporadically when I suspect problems with my PAP therapy so it is good enough for me.

My main complaint is about the wrist unit quality, given that I had paid 175$ for it about 3 years ago (it is now 220$ at the same seller). But again, it has met my basic overnight O2 monitoring needs.

The software is not very user friendly but workable. It provides basic reporting features but these have been adequate for my use. Not sure about Sleepyhead compatibility since I don't use it. I have deciphered the data file format of the MedView software and can provide you a Word document and example spreadsheet on how to import and format that data into an excel spreadsheet if you are interested. That could allow you to make it readable by Sleepyhead if you are somewhat technically inclined.

Sgt Wilko

Post Reply Post Reply
Hate to say it, but all Contec stuff is made in China.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh yeah, we know that as soon as we try to read the poorly translated "instructions". Mine said something about hanging yourself from the lanyard.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2013, 04:04 PM)SgtWilko Wrote: I have the ChoiceMed MD300W1 and MedView software.
Bottom line is that this product would probably not hold up well under heavy use. I use it sporadically when I suspect problems with my PAP therapy so it is good enough for me.

My main complaint is about the wrist unit quality, given that I had paid 175$ for it about 3 years ago (it is now 220$ at the same seller). But again, it has met my basic overnight O2 monitoring needs.

The software is not very user friendly but workable. It provides basic reporting features but these have been adequate for my use. Not sure about Sleepyhead compatibility since I don't use it. I have deciphered the data file format of the MedView software and can provide you a Word document and example spreadsheet on how to import and format that data into an excel spreadsheet if you are interested. That could allow you to make it readable by Sleepyhead if you are somewhat technically inclined.

Sgt Wilko

I purchased the MD300W1 and I have to agree with almost everything you wrote above. I do use it almost every night and so far it has worked "most of the time". Perhaps this is the best we can expect from these sort of devices these days...

One thing that I would recommend to anyone using this or a similar monitor full time is to also buy an AA battery charger and some good quality rechargeable AA batteries. I have to replace the batteries every two or three days.

I was able to get someone to help modify the SleepyHead software to load the oximetry data from the files created by the MedView program. If someone is interested we could share these software patches with anyone who is able to compile the SleepHead program from the software source code.

Although we already have it working with SleepyHead, I would be glad to receive a copy of your WORD document and the example Excel spreadsheet.
Post Reply Post Reply
Wrist Oximeter CMS-50F
Caution about the accuracy of the CMS-50F wrist probe/recorder.
I bought one from eBay, the readings were 5-7% low. The price is considerably lower than those listed in Amazon. The price I paid was $80 with free shipping. At first it seems to be a nifty gadget. However, its readings were not very accurate, although both the hardware and software work. I have returned it for a refund.
Sincerely,
hiddendragon
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] O2 Ring Oximeter ejbpesca 0 303 02-01-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] Wellue SleepU Wrist Pulse Oximeter Crimson Nape 21 6,444 01-18-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: kappa
  [Product Review] Contec CMS 50I Pulse Oximeter drmaestro 1 2,877 09-08-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
Thumbsup [Product Review] CMS50F Pulse Oximeter (USB, no bluetooth) Peter_C 21 15,934 09-05-2021, 10:13 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Big Guy 5 2,644 02-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] Jumper JPD-500F Wireless Bluetooth Finger Pulse Oximeter vivaldi 0 4,049 07-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Last Post: vivaldi
Thumbsup [Product Review] CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor RWS0022 0 4,808 06-04-2019, 06:12 PM
Last Post: RWS0022

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.