Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Profile won't load, OSCAR exits immediately
RE: Profile won't load, OSCAR exits immediately
If you look in the OSCAR_Data directory profiles > Your name > CPAP name, you will have a backup of all the raw data.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
There are a variety of start-over options possible:
  1. If you can start OSCAR so that you can see the Profile screen, just create another profile and import your SD card to there.
  2. If you cannot start OSCAR and get to the profile screen, rename the OSCAR_Data folder to something else (for example, OSCAR_Data-old). Start OSCAR and it will be like first-time startup and OSCAR will ask to create your database. And then you can import from your SD card again.
  3. You could also import data from the backup directory that OSCAR maintains for you at ...Documents/OSCAR_Data/Profiles/<your profile name>/<machine>/Backup. That directory contains everything that was on your SD card.
If you want me to look at your data file, go ahead and zip up OSCAR_Data and upload it to my Dropbox folder. Please include your forum name in the zip file name so we know who uploaded the file. A 300+MB file is not too big for Dropbox.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
The current state of using my old OSCAR_Data folder is that the profile loads to 100% and then the program exits. So I can't really do anything with my profile.

With regard to the Dropbox upload, it isn't really the issue of file size; I'm limited by the internet connection and data cap in my locale.

I started with a fresh installation of OSCAR and imported from the ResMed_serialnumber\Backup\ folder. Everything looks fine and all my sessions are present, except that I see a "(Mode and Pressure settings missing; yesterday's shown.)" message. Statistics > Changes To Machine Settings shows no change performed after Jun 20, 2021, despite the fact that I made a few changes to my pressures in the interim. Strange. This also completely screws up the Time at Pressure graph, and I'm assuming is messing up other things as well that I haven't noticed yet. At the very least, the overview and statistics are no longer completely accurate.

Is it possible for me to help you debug/diagnose the issue without uploading the data file? I am somewhat knowledgeable and can help if given instructions. I'd like to know what went wrong, and if it's possible to fix my existing OSCAR_Data folder.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, I recommend you run the batch file you downloaded and confirm that OSCAR is still set up to use OpenGL graphics engine. Crashes could cause it to reset to use the software engine.

I think I am missing something here. Does your broken profile contain only information from one machine? If so, try creating a new profile and import from the SD card. That approach would avoid any effects from the faulty profile.

If you imported the backup directory of the broken profile into a new profile, that should have worked. You can try rebuilding the data to see if that helps (Data / Rebuild CPAP data / Your machine) and see if that improves the statistics report.

Or are you mixing data from your new machine with your previous machine in the same profile? We recommend a new profile when changing brands of CPAP machines.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I've run the batch file, log file shows it's running OpenGL. No problems with the interface so far.

And I've only got the one machine, one SD card. Not mixing data. I've zipped up the old profile that prompted this thread (the one I'd used since the beginning of my therapy) and started fresh with a new profile, importing from the Resmed_serialnumber\Backup\ directory.

I would have assumed an import of the raw SD card data into a new profile on a new OSCAR installation would have worked too. Not sure why this is happening.

Edit: Tried Data > Rebuild CPAP Data as well. Didn't make a difference.
Post Reply Post Reply
The SD card only stores 30 days of high resolution data. If you have been using your A10 for less than a month, then that should work.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Installing OSCAR and got to "Unable to create the OSCAR folder at C:Users/         "
Can some one help with this installation
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New version doesn't find profile BlueSky1958 7 87 03-26-2024, 04:59 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  1.5.2 opens without my profile JollyJoker 2 108 03-18-2024, 11:48 AM
Last Post: JollyJoker
  Oscar profile vanished, SD card wiped clean. How? , who and why Innisfree 23 1,759 01-13-2024, 03:52 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  OSCAR Lost My Profile DNowakowski 3 612 12-09-2023, 01:34 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  OSCAR 1.5 profile name dataq1 3 516 11-30-2023, 07:03 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  DST ZONE SETTING WITHIN AIRSENSE 11 PROFILE ggs5 1 540 11-13-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: pholynyk
  OSCAR Lost My Profile Poolboy 6 1,044 11-03-2023, 11:51 AM
Last Post: Poolboy

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.