Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Profox Oximetry Software-can it export csv files or equivalent?
Question 
Profox Oximetry Software-can it export csv files or equivalent?
I'm trying to get my NHS sleep clinic to give me the actual data from a logged Oximetry set made with a Konica Minolta Pulsox 300i.
Yes, I've gone through all the rigmarole of getting permission & paying the fee.
I did ask for the actual data file, but I got a scan of a report.
Looking at the report, it looks like they might be using the Profox software to generate it.
Has anyone got this?
Can it export the data so it can be read into something like Excel, eg via  a .csv file?
If I know it can, it might greatly aid me trying to get the actual data from them.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Profox Oximetry Software-can it export csv files or equivalent?
Does no-one use the K-M Pulsox units with Profox report software?
Just seeking to know if it can export text files with the O2 data levels as a series (eg a .csv file or similar)
Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently it's not a widely used product among forum members. From the Profox product data page:

ProFox Wrote:The reports can also saved as an Adobe Acrobat (PDF) file that can be emailed to others for easy viewing or printing. The Summary Report can also be saved in ASCII or rich text (RTF) formats for export to electronic charting.
Studies may be converted into ASCII (text) format, for importing to spreadsheets or databases.

Found this information here: http://www.profox.net/products/oximetry-software/
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-01-2017, 05:13 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote: Apparently it's not a widely used product among forum members. From the Profox product data page:

ProFox Wrote:Studies may be converted into ASCII (text) format, for importing to spreadsheets or databases.

Found this information here: http://www.profox.net/products/oximetry-software/

It was most kind of you to dig that out for me, ProFox.
Looking at it, I should have been able to find that for myself... Oh-jeez
So thanks for helping someone having another doh! moment...

I've printed out the relevant page and will take it with me to see if they might generate such a file so I can analyse/compare it with the rest of my data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Windbag,

Why did you go for this and paying fees?
I spoke to someone last time I was in hospital, he was carrying a small machine, I asked what it was as I saw o2 on the box.
He explained it was for monitoring his oxygen levels during the night.  He had taken it in, but the hospital showed very little interest, they said they check you levels when you do a Sleep Study.  He wanted to know how much his levels dropped during the night and he wanted to improve his treatment.  He was told he could not adjust the NHS machine (I got the impression he didn't care, he would do it anyway). 
I think doctors just want to be in control, Big Grin but there are people around that would screw up the settings, I think they put everyone into this category.  Thinking-about
He bought a machine off I think he said Amazon, it can display his data or send it to a computer.  He was going to go home to see if it would work with Sleepyhead software (he was using something else) but when I told him Sleepyhead was better he said he would try that, he had used it before, but said the two software was not compatible, so he uses what the hospital uses.  He was told he should not be looking at his data either!
I don't think his machine cost a fortune either, I am sure it was around the £50 mark and was quite a fancy looking machine with a main box and a finger clip with a long lead to the main box.  He said something about a better model that was wireless.  But I didn't clarify if the finger clip was wireless or it uploaded wirelessly to the computer.
I was told this as well, but I just ignored them, the last Sleep Nurse just used to tell me off and just smile, she didn't care but said to watch I didn't loose the data.  New Sleep Nurse is altogether stricter, she said I was not allowed to look at the data or adjust the machine.  My reaction, you are going to be very busy with me then!

Why don't you get a oximeter of your own that will download to a computer and you will be able to collect your own data?  Am I right in saying some will download into Sleepyhead?  Where are the Sleepyhead users when I need them?
I have never bothered to see what my oxygen levels are, but maybe I should just to see if it drops, however, I think it might be a waste of money for me.
Just looked on Amazone, there is a range of them starting from £9.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
The software is very expensive, so unless you get it for free, forget it.
If you have your data you should be able to save it to a spread sheet or a pdf.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question [Symptoms] Transitional CSA - oximetry freaking me out. How low is too low? Apprenticepragmatist 8 732 02-27-2024, 09:29 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  [Admin Note] Members-Only FILES SuperSleeper 13 403 02-16-2024, 06:28 PM
Last Post: SuperSleeper
  ReMed Airsense software/firmware Ralph436 22 1,125 01-23-2024, 11:55 AM
Last Post: george1945
  [Diagnosis] Need help with Pulse Oximetry monitoring results NickAsleepPol 1 438 11-14-2023, 05:14 AM
Last Post: NickAsleepPol
  Would like to add Pulse Oximetry to my monitoring Boreas 3 590 11-13-2023, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Boreas
  Contec CMS50E Pulse Oximeter Software John7 0 382 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: John7
  [Equipment] Which 24 Hr Oximeter to buy & PC/Tablet compatible software EasySleep 0 340 11-08-2023, 08:26 AM
Last Post: EasySleep

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.