Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Very High Leak Rate
RE: Very High Leak Rate
(05-13-2017, 06:07 AM)Apnea Infant Wrote: Hi all

Have been following this thread to glean knowledge/support from all you guys. I am really impressed Grmato10 with your investigations into the use of the various equipment and the speed with which you are getting service.

I live in the UK and have been diagnosed under the NHS. It is excruciatingly slow and almost inaccessible in terms of help. I have tried telephoning-line is always engaged, emailing to a general address and also a more specific address-no reply. I have resorted to turning up at the sleep centre un-announced-whilst I was seen once, I was not entertained the second time around. So in effect I am freewheeling in this new Apnea time of my life.

Reading on this forum is a lifeline.

I am about to collect my cervical collar from the post office and will get a fitting for a P10 on Monday-all info gained on this site, so big thank you guys. My ffm leaks like a sieve. My pressure at 16.8 is feeling like sleeping with my face in a tornado. I was told by the Tech at Guys Hospital I have REM apnea. I will download data from my SD card later and would appreciate if the experts here could have me unravel my apnea mystery.

With 45 minutes ramp time and stopping every hour I reckon I am not sleeping for half the night and then crashing out due to severe exhaustion for another 2 hours or so. At times it is all too much at which point I rip the mask off and have another 2 hours non mask sleep and wake with a slight headache.

So my days are a blur.

I am contemplating making a big case for changing my CPAP machine to an APAP. But it will be a struggle with the NHS.

I need to read and learn more before then. Problem is I do not who to make the case to, as my consultations after the first appointment was with 2 technicians and I do not know if they have the authority. But in any case, I need to be more knowledgeable about my condition.

Please help................

I think you would be best served by starting your own thread as you are describing issues related to the original poster Gramato, but you have your own needs that could be better addressed separately.  I think you will find the use of the nasal pillows very comfortable once you become accustomed to them, and assuming you control mouth leaks.  Combined with the use of a soft cervical collar, I would be very surprised if you could not not lower your CPAP pressure and get good results.  I strongly recommend that you reset the ramp to start at a higher pressure and for a shorter duration of time.  You should need no more than 15 minutes of ramp time, or use the Resmed Auto Ramp which detects sleep breathing and will terminate ramp.  Once you are setup with data, take a look at your recent 30 days of use and compare any changes you make against that.  I think it may be worthwhile to actually reduce pressure to as low as 12 cm with the nasal pillows and collar and observe the results.  Only increase pressure for an obstructive index of 2.0 or more.  You may end up at nearly 17 cm as you are now, but somehow I suspect not.  Good luck.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Embarrassingly, can't find 'new threads' section despite reading and re-reading the 'how to' section.

So seem easier to reply..........you are right, sleep rider-must start my own thread.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
go to the parent Main forum
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-M...oard-Forum
And click on Post Thread
Post Reply Post Reply
Apnea Infant,

Here are the steps to start a new Thread:

Go to the Forum Home page:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/index.php

Select the Forum you wish to post to. In this case, it is the Main Forum:
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Forum-M...oard-Forum

Look in the upper right. you will see Post Thread.  Select it and you will be starting a new Thread.  It's like replying to a post except you will need to provide a Thread Subject.

I hope this helps.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Excelent advice
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too much STATIC showing in OSCAR Flow Rate PappaJoe 0 75 04-16-2024, 08:23 AM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 298 04-16-2024, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 359 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Please, need help reading the leak rate and LL info chronic 14 338 04-13-2024, 12:00 PM
Last Post: chronic
  [Pressure] High pressure Tomarovsch 1 111 04-12-2024, 04:56 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Extremely high CA readings on the ResMed Airsense 11 Soleil211 1 135 04-08-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Any thoughts on why my heart rate increases when using CPAP? hejohoo 3 946 04-08-2024, 09:59 AM
Last Post: hejohoo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.