Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Programming a machine
Programming a machine
Greetings.  I have acquired a Repironics 1007381 machine and I need to set for my pressure settings which are between 4 and 20 according to my latest sleep study.  Is there a way to do this easily?  Do I need a card reader of some type?  Please let me know because I would love to be able to sleep again.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Programming a machine
Welcome 

First you do not want to use settings of 4 to 20 for more than one night. That is the full pressure range of the machine and the intent of those settings are to see what the machine does to enable fine tuning.  What should you use?  

Download Sleepyhead and upload your daily charts after your first night or your current chart.  Make sure that you organize your charts per what is in the organize link in my signature.  That provides the basic important information need to further advise you.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Sccarpenter107. Welcome to Apnea Board.

I think the machine you have is probably the Philips Respironics REMstar Auto, which is a fairly old machine now. The best way to learn its functions is to get hold of the clinical manual, which you can download from the link CPAP Setup Manuals at the top of this page. Follow the instructions carefully - there are hundreds of manuals available so you need to ensure you give our elves the right information. Once you have the manual we can guide you step by step: Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi sccarpenter107,

This is an older machine and you may need a Smart Card to be able to read data.  

You can get a Clinicians Manual here.  Have the exact name of the cpap when ordering.  This manual will have directions on how to set up your machine.  

https://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-p...tup-manual

Have you been on cpap prior?  Do you know what pressure you need to be on?  Once you get your manual, set the machine to a minimum pressure at 7cm leaving maximum at 20.  A minimum setting of 4 is too low which may cause you to feel air starved.  

Let us know if you need help.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Can I ask how the sleep study went? 

The point of it is to determine the exact pressure you need. 4-20 is literally all the pressures.

That's like a doctor determining that you are between 5 and 7 feet tall. 

I assume anyone reporting back with such a prescription never actually fell asleep during the titration (as was the case with me).
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm going to tell you straight up that this legacy Respironics Auto CPAP is not ideal for self-titration. Considering you could get a breand new auto CPAP for under $600 with SD data card, or buy a contemporary used Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset, S9 Autoset or Philips Dreamstation Auto or System One Auto for much less. Check out Craigslist. I assume this machine was free or nearly free.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Setting up new machine (or SD card) to include daa from trial machine registered in S Sheila 5 793 12-21-2021, 03:12 PM
Last Post: Sheila
  Can a machine provider remotely program your cpap machine? calcuttaman 20 11,756 04-20-2019, 09:29 AM
Last Post: jaswilliams

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.