Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feel like I'm suffocating.
RE: Feel like I'm suffocating.
I turned the humidifier right off and the epr to 3 and the air feels fresher
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures for everything.
Irish Proverb
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-29-2020, 04:40 PM)Respir8 Wrote: I turned the humidifier right off and the epr to 3 and the air feels fresher

That’s how I felt when I turned off the humidifier, felt like I left the swamp. Just the moisture blowing in my nose is all’s I need with no heat. Also topping off the chamber every night works better than when it’s half full.
Post Reply Post Reply
I'm new to this and have a good bit of medical issues besides apnea. When I first lay down, I have breathing issues even if the mask is on or not. Worse with the mask on. I have quickly learned how to adjust my mask. I will lay down without the mask, wait a few minutes to get over the hard breathing, then put on the mask without getting up or sitting up, then turn the machine on. That seems to be working well for me.
Post Reply Post Reply
(02-29-2020, 08:39 AM)Respir8 Wrote: Does anyone else feel like they are not getting enough air when they first go to bed.? I turned the ramp off and so it starts at 7. I notice the pressure averages about 12.5 so should I turn the starting pressure up a bit?

The air also feels too warm I have the humidity set at 2 but I don't know how to turn the heating off entirely. I have turned the preheat off. I sleep at 66 degrees and do not like warm air.

I'm in Michigan, just across the border, and the humidity really drops in the winter. I'm sure it's similar for you.

I sleep at 61 degrees and began having sinus problems (including nose bleeds) as well as mild coughing. I thought I had a cold which wasn't the case.

I put a hygrometer in my room and noticed my humidity was 23%. 61 degree air and 23% humidity, under pressure, is a recipe for sinus and chest breathing problems.

I don't use whole house humidification and even if you do your humidifier setting may not be appropriate for your personal needs.

Ran different setting for a few nights and settled at humidity 2 and heated tube at 2. No more sinus or cough problems.

Definitely enhanced my CPAP use.

Don't overlook rethinking or going back to different settings at different times of the year as the climate changes.

Coffee
My worst night on CPAP is 10X better than my best night without it  Eat-popcorn 
Good night Chesty, wherever you are..Semper Fi
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m having the same thing you are, I’ve been using the cpap machine for 8 months. The first time they bumped my pressure up from a 6 to a 7. And I was good for a few months now I wake up feeling like I’m suffocating and I can’t breath. What kind of machine do you have?
Post Reply Post Reply
I have the Resmed Air Sense 10 Autosense.
A good laugh and a long sleep are the best cures for everything.
Irish Proverb
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 5 232 7 hours ago
Last Post: staceyburke
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 94 03-27-2024, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 836 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 330 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,020 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Sad [Symptoms] Traumatic life event. Now I'm waking up every night suffocating. BostonEngineer 9 402 03-03-2024, 12:44 PM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  [Treatment] First PAP usage (BiPAP) for treating UARS + Maybe OSA - Feel like hyperventilating? OneShleepyBoi 21 906 03-02-2024, 06:35 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.