Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Starting Treatment - APAP Settings/First Night Results
RE: Starting Treatment - APAP Settings/First Night Results
After getting up to use the restroom, I specifically slept on my side, though I woke up several times when doing so and had to turn over to the other side. I will try to be more conscientious about sleeping on my side instead of back (or previously my stomach, which was my goto), but I do wake up often when doing so due to my arm falling asleep and general discomfort.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Starting Treatment - APAP Settings/First Night Results
Personally,

I would increase the pressure 9-10. Because you are using a full face mask, try keeping the EPAP pressure at 7 or above either by decreasing EPR or increasing pressure. Make adjustments 1 cm at a time.

I am hoping this will keep you from getting arousals which may waken you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Suggested Settings Switching AirSense 10 CPAP to AirSense 11 APAP Rickyricardo 2 53 1 hour ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 1 51 3 hours ago
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Anyone know what a good starting point for a woman using an ASV would be? erouting 5 62 6 hours ago
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Starting my journey to better sleep - guidance appreciated StuffyNoseDude 1 92 6 hours ago
Last Post: StuffyNoseDude
Smile Starting Out - Guidance Please apneavolt 20 881 6 hours ago
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,362 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  My sleep study (starting out) sabletaurus 5 168 04-16-2024, 07:24 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.