Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Provider cant upload data because machine was bought online?
Provider cant upload data because machine was bought online?
I recently bought a Resmed Airmini online.  As those who use the machine realize, there is very little data available in the app that is used to setup and monitor it.  They do allow you to upload data to their cloud, where your provider can access it using the MyAir portal.  Earlier today I called my Doctor to ask them to upload the data for me.  They told me that because I bought the machine online, and not through a regular DME provider, they had no way to access it.  Can this be true?  I had assumed they could do it by serial number.

Any help appreciated

Thanks

Ira
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Provider cant upload data because machine was bought online?
Resmed makes Airview Data available to DMEs and physicians. All they need is to register the serial number. If they are not supporting your machine it's because they don't want to, or have no financial incentive to do so.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you.  That is what I thought.  I will lean on them a little more  Wink
Post Reply Post Reply
I asked my DME about it, and they had the same response, and they thinly veiled what Sleeprider said.
Post Reply Post Reply
I say this is another Dr. Dolittle. I'm a bit surprised they don't want to support this mini PAP for a mini boat payment.

Doc take 2 of these Hammer and call me tomorrow.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
you can set up myair by yourself. go to https://myair.resmed.com/
your doc can't see it but you can run the report anytime you want and send it to him.
maybe when you set up myair you doc can get it as described by sleeprider.
First Diagnosed July 1990

MSgt (E-7) USAF (Medic)
Retired 1968-1990
Post Reply Post Reply
Asked my sleep doc about this, as I'm in a similar situation -- purchasing a used BiPAP through supplier 2 ("gently used" is cheaper than new with insurance deductible).

My doc's an odd sort, very tech savvy - Prefers AirView, but is very familiar with OSCAR, and is OK with getting those reports/updates.  He doesn't agree with me making my own adjustments, but has conceded it's my health, and just asks that I keep him in the loop.

I have no firsthand information, so this might be useful info, or it might be useless hearsay / speculation, but this is what he told me… 

For what it's worth:
Airview requires a $$paid$$ subscription for each machine registered.  He had no idea how much the actually cost is.

Most DME's pay for the subscription because of compliance reporting, and then link the subscription into doctor's AirView account.  

He knows that cost is passed on somehow to user and/or insurance (DME's don't do it out of the goodness of their hearts ;-). But patients will probably never see the cost in their invoices.

Doctor's Airview account isn't setup to add new subscriptions, and even if it did have that capability in some drilled down menu, their office has no setup (direct invoice account/CC etc.) to pay for them, and/or accounting process to pass those costs onto patient.

-----
Anyway, that's his story.  It does kind of explain why online DME's don't do it -- most are direct pay, so they're not worried about producing compliance reports, and they're not cultivating relationships with local docs for referrals… 

It does raise an interesting question about purchasing used machine -- Does previous owner's DME / doctor have access to my data(?!).

I will probably be disabling the modem, just to be on the safe side.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's interesting, and it does make sense.

So then if the doctor is a good doctor and cares about the actual data (and not just surface layer info that MyAir and the other one provides), then he should empower himself to use a program that can help him obtain the info (ie: he can install OSCAR on his computer, and download his patient's info when required/permitted).  Of course, that's my logical thinking.
Post Reply Post Reply
That's an interesting explanation, but here's a counter-example (and perhaps a workaround for ICS55):

1. I got a new machine through one DME that was required by my insurance carrier.
2. The next year, I switched insurance carriers, and thus DMEs.
3. My doctor put an order in with my new DME to adjust my settings. They came to my house and did so.
4. My new DME now sends my data to my doctor.

So despite not selling me my current machine, nor having to report compliance, my new DME is providing reports to my doctor. I do occasionally buy supplies from them (when I've hit my medical deductible for the year).

Maybe if your doctor asks the DME to provide you with machine-related (or any) service they'll adopt it?

Or maybe Philips doesn't charge a subscription fee? (I imagine they do, though, at least to cover the cost of the cellular service!)
Post Reply Post Reply
To be clear, The doc/DME would use AirView, NOT MyAir. AirView can provide a slightly lower resolution of data than what we see with OSCAR, but would still be worth looking at. The big problem that they rarely look at the detailed data, rather only the summaries.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Exclaimation CPAP Machine Choices - read this before you accept a new machine SuperSleeper 291 264,299 04-15-2024, 05:00 PM
Last Post: Poolboy
  Help with OSCAR upload NAVEENMOHAN 4 395 03-18-2024, 10:12 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
Question OSCAR Privacy and quick upload Fix? EasySleep 3 153 03-18-2024, 09:34 PM
Last Post: EasySleep
  [CPAP] Just bought a second hand bilevel, hoping for some help with titration? JohnnyLarueBathrobe 8 329 03-01-2024, 02:31 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  DreamStation 2 Advanced Provider ManualIII Clay L 2 300 01-28-2024, 08:03 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  First post, provider is not much help. DPAlaska 2 289 01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Last Post: DPAlaska
  DME Provider Recos cincysinner 5 355 01-25-2024, 11:22 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.