Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[CPAP] Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure
Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure
Hi, it has been a while since I have logged into this forum - just received my replacement Dreamstation 2 from the recall.  My question may have been answered in another thread but I could not find one so please point me there if it has:  Are there noticeable differences in pressure (at the same setting) from one machine to another?  The settings on my new machine are the same as the old one but the pressure "feels" stronger.  I have not used my old device in quite a while so going from memory here, however my Central Apnea count went through the roof for the first two nights.  I recall similar CA's with initial setup three years ago and needed to turn off Flex, go straight CPAP (not auto) and continue to drop pressure until CA's reached a reasonable level, which turned out to be a setting of 5.5.  Not much room left to drop!  Has anyone had a similar experience?
Thanks for your help.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure
All CPAPs are supposed to be calibrated to the pressure listed.  Like all measurements, there are allowable tolerances, but not enough to make that kind of difference.  Since it has been awhile since you last used a CPAP, the CAs are probably caused by your body not remembering breathing with a lower CO2 saturation.  If it makes you feel better, follow your old method to get back on track.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Dreamstation 2 vs. Dreamstation 1 Pressure
Thanks for the quick response.  I will give it some time and see if things settle out.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,849 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  DreamStation 2 vs ResMed S9 gonzalo 3 71 03-25-2024, 12:36 PM
Last Post: StratCat48
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  Switching from Dreamstation 1 to AirSense II autoset jed3 2 168 03-21-2024, 07:39 AM
Last Post: jed3
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 620 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,269 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,504 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.