Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Puffy Eyes revisited
Puffy Eyes revisited
Does anyone else wake up with really puffy eyes that tend to calm down as the day goes but back to puffy the next morning?
Please share your stories and treatment. Any other relative info. I will post some of my info below.

-----
Hi, long time since I posted. I just recently upgraded to a new laptop and was installing all my old accounts info.

Over 5 years ago, i asked about everyone's Puffy Eye advice in relation to CPAP therapy. 
I don't drink, smoke, or other stuff that tends to cause puffy eyes. I have blood pressure medicine to help keep my BP down.

I will also post my meds in case they are related to this symptom of puffy eyes. 

Aspirin 89mg/day 
Metoprolol 25mg/1xDay 
Lisinopril 2.5/1xday 
Metformin 500mg/2xday 
Allopurinol 300mg/1xday 

Big changes from the last time I posted here:
Cardiac Bypass - main line only with 7 stents 2015
Bariatric surgery - weight drop to 250lbs 6'1" 2017
Deviated Septum surgery - also removed a tumor that was blocking my entire right sinus chamber under my eye. 2018

After the nasal surgery I was off cpap therapy for about a year because of healing and moving. 
I am back in the habit for some time now, even tho my wife said that I never snored for the year I was off it. 
I still use an ResMed Autoset 9 even tho I bought a 10 and just keep it in the box. 
I bought it secondary market because my insurance deductible would have costed me 3x as much. lol
My wife and I are biking, walking, hiking, and kayaking while trying to survive the 2020 Pandemic.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Puffy Eyes revisited
I suspect there are quite a few things that can cause puffy eyes. here's one, but it has nothing to do with cpap.

some days I have some puffiness along with unusually gooey eyes in the morning. a while back I saw my eye doctor about feeling like I had something in my eye; he said the puffiness, stickiness, styes & dry eye feeling I was experiencing was/is from microscopic demodex mites that live in the eyelash follicles. apparently nearly everyone has them in their younger years and everyone over 60 has them. if I look closely, I can see tiny little white things on my eyelashes which is demodex poop. he told me that tea tree oil is how to reduce their numbers but it's toxic to the eyes so it's not recommended. having no alternative, I use a 50-50 mix of tea tree and coconut oils slathered on each tightly closed eye lid for 10 minutes every few days for about 2 weeks when it flares up. I have to do this 3 or 4 times a year to keep these symptoms at bay.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Puffy Eyes revisited
I have had puffy eyes for years now, long before APAP therapy started.  But as @sheepless said, my optometrist had mentioned the mites, and also MGD (myo glandular dysfunction) where the eye lids are no longer secreting the lubricant needed (which is likely medication related.  You can thry the things sheeples mentioned, or go to an optometrist (or better an ophthalmologist) and get a good eye exam done.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 595 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Bilevel settings (and other factors) revisited dfunk 15 1,114 12-20-2023, 04:09 PM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  Dreamstation 2 vs. Aircurve 10 (Dry, Puffy Eyes) MrIvanDrago 15 1,090 11-09-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Nose mask vs nasal cushions and leak dry eyes silverdr 6 920 09-22-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: KeepingItSimple
Question Pressure on eyes, what could be the reason? newbieusa 4 510 09-20-2023, 02:18 PM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  “Tired eyes” & your experiences spetzal 1 791 12-24-2022, 01:36 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Puffy Cheeks walt48 9 3,124 09-26-2022, 08:21 AM
Last Post: ErElf

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.