Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Puffy Eyes
RE: Puffy Eyes
I have plugs in both eyes, top and bottom lids for over a year now. I am glad that I have them. I can't even remember what all prompted me getting the plugs now. Mine were put in the office by the Opthamologist who is a surgeon with no anesthesia (I was completely awake with all 4 plugs being put in).

(01-10-2015, 10:44 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Shastzi is right the total face mask would prevent air blowing out of the Lachrymal ducts in the corner of your eyes and Mongo is right that it is a drain. Weird since I grew up thinking that the ducts in the corner of my eyes were "tear ducts" and that was where tears came from. What do you mean there is no Santa Claus. Huhsign

I was somewhat concerned about this because I was getting air through the lachrymal ducts occasionally when I switched to the Mirage Quattro mask and reduced my leak rates. I finally got a chance to ask an Ophthalmologist face to face what issues might be caused by this. He said the only thing to be concerned about was dry eyes which could make the eyes susceptible to a number of other problems. That squelched my concerns since i have no problem with dry eyes. He did tell me that if dry eyes were a problem during CPAP use there were 2 solutions. The first and easiest is to use a gel in your eyes during CPAP. The other solution that i did not like much was to plug the lachrymal ducts.

Best Regards,

PaytonA

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Angry [Health] I have to tighten my mask so badly that my face gets puffy... CantSleepWell 10 594 02-11-2024, 07:05 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Dreamstation 2 vs. Aircurve 10 (Dry, Puffy Eyes) MrIvanDrago 15 1,090 11-09-2023, 03:44 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Nose mask vs nasal cushions and leak dry eyes silverdr 6 917 09-22-2023, 06:51 PM
Last Post: KeepingItSimple
Question Pressure on eyes, what could be the reason? newbieusa 4 510 09-20-2023, 02:18 PM
Last Post: UnknownActor
  “Tired eyes” & your experiences spetzal 1 790 12-24-2022, 01:36 PM
Last Post: PaulaO2
  Puffy Cheeks walt48 9 3,120 09-26-2022, 08:21 AM
Last Post: ErElf
  Puffy dry eyes thepiecesfit 7 1,465 09-26-2022, 07:02 AM
Last Post: walt48

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.