Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulling off my mask at night
Pulling off my mask at night
So I always take the mask off at night.    Last night for 3 hours.      Does any one else do this?   All masks.  

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pulling off my mask at night
Naw......that's not the norm. The subject though, does come up often enough. It's not normal to sleep with a mask on at night. We all know that. 

For me, it wasn't an issue and never has been. But for some others, it is. I'd suggest just taking some time and getting used to having it on. Wear it a couple of hours maybe before you go to bed. Watch tv or read a book. 

Other members will come along with different suggestions, tips, and advice. Consider them all and go with what you think may work best for you.  Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
A couple of ideas that have worked for some people:

* wear socks on your hands,
* put tape over the mask straps where they touch your face so you'll wake yourself up when you try to remove the mask,
* wear a cap that ties under your chin,
* wear a Knightsbridge dual band chin strap.

Just curious: do you breathe through your mouth during the day? If you don't, you might want to try a nasal pillow mask. In any event, if you try one of the methods above, you probably won't have to use it for long -- just until your subconscious decides the mask is OK.
Post Reply Post Reply
I did this when my pressure was too low.
Post Reply Post Reply
Deemed not normal, but it does have common easy answers. I did this when therapy was off in personal optimization when I'd started PAP therapy. The other time is now because my needs and the current PAP machine don't match.

OK so you've given the mystery, the problem to solve, and esteemed members of the forum take swings at the solution. So in order for us to play Sherlock Holmes or Hercule Poirot, we'll need you to supply data, facts, and answers to inquiry. Then we have the eureka or elementary Watson, the apprehension of the criminal.

Your crime is mask removal. We need OSCAR data, the standard chart first. We need a profile and fingerprints of the criminal. And we'll need to interrogate witnesses, you're first. Tell us what you know about the crime.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Unable to keep mask throughout night Overdrawn 4 242 02-10-2024, 08:13 PM
Last Post: Overdrawn
  Mask riding up at night robbob2112 1 320 12-22-2023, 05:58 PM
Last Post: mushroom
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 682 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10
  Can't keep mask on all night emash124 4 576 09-19-2023, 01:08 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Question [CPAP] Waking at night with headache, switch from nasal to full face mask. new2paphopeful 1 626 07-23-2023, 07:51 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 850 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 898 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.