Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Respironics Dreamwear results
RE: Respironics Dreamwear results
(10-17-2015, 07:15 AM)drgrimes Wrote: I've been on cpap for over three years now with good results after a rocky start. Three days ago my DME told me about this new nasal mask, so i decided to give it a try. My AHI is normally less than one, but with a fair amount of leakage.

This new mask, for the last two nights has given me an AHI of .1 and .3 which is pretty normal for me but the leakage 95% rate was only 8. AND this is the most comfortable mask i've ever had. It's not really nasal pillows but it's also not a nasal mask. It goes around both nostrils, but unlike the nasal mask, it does not cover the entire nose. The most amazing thing about it is that there is no hose on the front of your face. it attaches on top of your head and the air travels through the hollow head gear. Nice...you can take a drink of water in the night without struggling with the hose.

Anyway so far give Dreamwear a 10!!!

We differ in our experiences.

I've tried it twice and would not buy it. Very noisy. People in the room could even hear when I took a breath in, and the noise would definitely keep me awake. It wasn't from any leak.

Now, my SO tried it and it made no inspiratory noise. The respiratory therapist said it's related to the rate and volume of inspiration, and I'm twice the size of my SO.

It also exerted a bit too much pressure on my upper lip, and yet too easily can move from the nostrils (causing a leak) when side sleeping.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Got sleep study results and I am quite fustrated ewarner64 6 98 6 hours ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  PSG Results: Could this be UARS? deebob 260 18,407 04-17-2024, 01:48 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Oscar CPAP Optimization Results-Awesome!? SeePak 18 407 04-16-2024, 05:32 AM
Last Post: SeePak
  Test results Kmzizzle 18 1,552 04-12-2024, 10:36 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [Treatment] New to CPAP but keen to learn - Please could you help with results and Q's? JustinWoods 19 1,959 04-10-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 104 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Help interpreting my results (and hello!) mluck94 4 153 04-08-2024, 10:18 AM
Last Post: mluck94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.