Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse Ox Smart Watch Monitoring
RE: Pulse Ox Smart Watch Monitoring
podsJ wrote:
"So basically, from what I have been gathering on Garmin forums is that the spo2 readings can be taken with a pinch of salt? Haha"

Well, I wonder why that is? I’ve tried wearing mine with the sensor on the inside of my wrist thinking it might get better contact(?). But that didn’t make any difference. I would think most of these O2 sensors that are in the fitness watches are pretty much the same. I believe they are different than stand alone O2 sensors which read through the finger as opposed to sending out the little red LED light and receiving a certain amount of light back at the receiving sensor. I imagine the algorithms are different between watches too. Anyway, I pretty much ignore my Garmin for O2 stats.
Test
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-16-2020, 07:01 PM)letsrun100 Wrote: podsJ wrote:
"So basically, from what I have been gathering on Garmin forums is that the spo2 readings can be taken with a pinch of salt? Haha"

Well, I wonder why that is? I’ve tried wearing mine with the sensor on the inside of my wrist thinking it might get better contact(?). But that didn’t make any difference. I would think most of these O2 sensors that are in the fitness watches are pretty much the same. I believe they are different than stand alone O2 sensors which read through the finger as opposed to sending out the little red LED light and receiving a certain amount of light back at the receiving sensor. I imagine the algorithms are different between watches too. Anyway, I pretty much ignore my Garmin for O2 stats.
Test

Yeah i am really not sure. I know they mention wearing it higher up the wrist but I wonder if it is just new technology for them and they might have rushed it out so it isnt the best quality.

Be interesting to see if it improves any time soon.
Post Reply Post Reply
My friend was diagnosed with sleep apnea at age 70 or so. He stopped breathing 103 times an hour...

I'm so glad I pushed for a sleep study back then.

I just used a Garmin Vivoactive 3 for about 2 weeks; took it back and left with an iw6. I had a Garmin Vivoactive HR for about 4? years. Transitioning from a Garmin HR to a VA3 was hard...there was no similarity in the numbers generated. I tried a FitBit Charge 4 (affordable; modern!) but I couldn't read the screen when I woke up during the night. It failed the *old* test. Somehow wearing a nasal mask with a Knightsbridge Dual Strap I was cranky when I couldn't read the time. (Shut off machine.Take off mask.Take off Knightsbridge Dual Band. Put on glasses. Read watch.Some swearing.Take off glasses.Put on Knightsbridge DS.Put on mask.Connect hose.turn on machine.Oh my....)
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How I perfected my sleep w/ an Apple Watch gainerfull 4 163 5 hours ago
Last Post: BigWing
  Prisma Smart Max Revvysue 5 179 04-21-2024, 11:32 AM
Last Post: SakimaStorm
  Pulse oximeter recommendations? p123 17 1,537 04-13-2024, 12:31 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Added an O2/Pulse meter to my therapy: Phaleronic 21 695 04-04-2024, 11:21 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 558 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [CPAP] PRISMA SMART MAX PROBLEMS WITH SOFTPAP LEVEL 2 rretamalt 18 2,231 03-19-2024, 06:17 PM
Last Post: motivationalGust
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 28,016 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.