Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Why are my clock times crazy on Res-Scan data?
Why are my clock times crazy on Res-Scan data?
Hiya, I started reading my data via Res-Scan yesterday, and the hours it puts down that I am sleeping between, are not the right "time" hours ie they have me sleeping till say 1800 when I "only" sleep til around-2pm my time. No I don't do shift work, I am just a terrible night out who doesn't go to sleep until about 4-5 am. Hopefully I can shift back to my much preferred say 2 am-10/11 am that I was before years of Apnea, and a few years on Carbamazepine for Trigeminal Neuralgia goofed me up big time.

Anyhoo...I figure somehow there is a disconnect between either the time zone set on my machine, or the time zone in the Data Software. It adds another layer of confusion to me to try and see what last night's sleep was when I have to keep recalculating what time of reality it was.
PS -----I just checked and my A10 was set to the wrong time. I don't know if this was intentional on the part of the DME (who is local) or if I'll get in "trouble" for having put it to my time. I guess there will be a big jolt seemingly to when I go to bed and wake from now on in the records. I'll note it in the captains log (-: and hope for the bests. Will this fix the weirdness in Rescan? Hope so.

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Susan in San Francisco
Brand new Hose
headbaby.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Why are my clock times crazy on Res-Scan data?
Hi Susan. You've already found one part of the problem - the time needs to be set correctly on the machine, which you have fixed. The second problem is that the CPAP day starts at noon (on the basis that most of us are awake by then). So if you sleep during the day, your results may look like they're split over two days. I'm not sure if there is any way of overcoming this - it might just be something you have to be aware of.

Perhaps somebody else might have a solution.
Post Reply Post Reply
You can set the correct date and time on your machine from the clinical menu but I'm not sure how that affect your compliance reporting, better check with your DME

CPAP new day start from midday to midday, any hours slept after midday are carried over to the following day and so on
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks All,
I'd kinda figured out even from the reports on my machine front, that there must be a noon day end to "c-pap" day. DISCRIMINATION I tell ya. (-:

Seriously, good to know. My data is def split into two dates sort of, for "one nights sleep" IN my very first days, my heart would sink when I'd thought I'd done well wearing mask all night and see something like 1 hour 25 mins on the machine front. WHAA??? When the resmed My air site would report my hours it would say 8 hours of use or some such, so it all came out in the wash.

I know my reporting hours are good because I've got an avg of 8.4 hours a day or something, in c-pap.

Thanks again,
Support is king!
Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Susan,
Sleepyhead software has the ability change the recording "day" in its preferences section. This would align your sleeping period to 1 continuous day instead of spanning.

Here is the link to the latest version:
http://www.sleepfiles.com/SH/index.html?TestingVersions
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks SGearheart,
I downloaded sleepyhead before ResScan and while it did open up etc it got errors and wouldn't work (or I couldn't get it to.) After some looking around it seems that they do not yet have a sleepyhead for ResMed A10 (Some think of this as the S10 but I understand that isn't technically correct)

I put my email on their notifications setting so that perhaps when they add the A10 I can use them. Good to know about the whole day thing.

Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
Here is the "set the clock" page in the wiki. It doesn't have the A series yet but I would bet it isn't that much different other than how to get into the menu. Do you have the Clinician manual for it?

If you do decide to change the time on it, I suggest doing some math and making sure you are not going to be setting the clock for a time when you were recording sleeping. So like if the machine things you were asleep at 18:00, you need to wait until after 18:00 real time to set it. Else you'll get errors. When I set the clock, I do it an hour or so before I go to bed. That way I know it is far enough away to not conflict.

My S9's clock drifts quite a bit. From one time change to the other, it will be as much as 45 minutes off.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2015, 08:02 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Here is the "set the clock" page in the wiki.

Think you forgot the link:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock

Smile
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks All. I think I got it figured out!
Susan
Post Reply Post Reply
(01-19-2015, 09:01 PM)SuperSleeper Wrote:
(01-19-2015, 08:02 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Here is the "set the clock" page in the wiki.

Think you forgot the link:

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._the_clock

Smile

Oh-jeez Why, yes, I did. Heavy sigh. Thanks for posting it, Oh Great PooBah
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Waking up 10+ times a night Valtor 5 106 2 hours ago
Last Post: Valtor
  Airsense 10 / Oscar clock issue. pixpop 1 104 03-15-2024, 07:35 PM
Last Post: pixpop
  Am I crazy for complaining to this DME seller about the reservoir I ordered? sweetbobby 14 452 03-08-2024, 01:18 PM
Last Post: sweetbobby
  Syncing Airsense 10 clock IAXEM 0 108 03-06-2024, 01:03 PM
Last Post: IAXEM
  Irregular flow rate 3 or 4 times a night showing in OSCAR Provolone 4 411 02-21-2024, 09:50 AM
Last Post: Provolone
  [Treatment] Aerophagia + Long Sleep Times jambo99 1 216 02-07-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Mask driving me crazy phoebesalva 8 514 01-08-2024, 06:09 PM
Last Post: phoebesalva

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.