Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Pulse Oximeter CMS-50D+
RE: Pulse Oximeter CMS-50D+
I received my Oximeter the other day and was able to sleep through the night with it last night and download the data this morning. I am still trying to analyze what it recorded. There were 3 episodes where my O2 dropped significatly. I will have to download the CPAP card to see if the match up with any events while sleeping.

Sleep-well

If anyone is intersted I did find the CMS 50D Plus from another internet source for $63. Please private message me and I will give you that information.

Thanks
Someone once asked me how I adjusted to CPAP so well--I thought for a moment and said I had two choices CPAP or DEATH..The choice was easy..
Post Reply Post Reply
Is anyone doing anything special to keep their pulse oximeter from coming off your finger at night? Mine seems to fall off 2 to 3 times per night. I wake up and notice it's not on my finger so I have to hunt around in the dark to find it. Rubber band? Tape? Something else??? Dont-know
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I used a rubber band once and woke up with my finger asleep and the device going nuts because it was not reading anything.

I set the alarm so it sounds if the device comes off. This will also beep if the batteries go low but not beep with the pulse rate (which is very annoying)
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2012, 06:18 AM)b360155 Wrote: Is anyone doing anything special to keep their pulse oximeter from coming off your finger at night? Mine seems to fall off 2 to 3 times per night. I wake up and notice it's not on my finger so I have to hunt around in the dark to find it. Rubber band? Tape? Something else??? Dont-know

I was thinking..Now this is just a thought.. what about wrapping your hand lightly with an ace bandage, thus keeping the oximeter in place. I know it would be bulky, but it is just a thought.

Dont-know
Someone once asked me how I adjusted to CPAP so well--I thought for a moment and said I had two choices CPAP or DEATH..The choice was easy..
Post Reply Post Reply
That may would work. I have noticed that the "heartbeat" bar that twitches with the pulse changes when I press down on the device or if I touch the button. I may try to hook the device up to SpO2 (the live software) and see if the pulse reading actually changes or if it is just the graphic itself.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I did an experiment with the device.

Putting pressure on it caused the readings to be either flatline (omg I died!) or incorrect. The fluctuations were wide spread. If you do need to make it tighter, apply the pressure to the finger tip end, not the end with the button. Pressure there causes the hinge to flex which I think is the cause for the bad readings.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
I have been using paper first-aid tape. Works great.
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-15-2012, 06:18 AM)b360155 Wrote: Is anyone doing anything special to keep their pulse oximeter from coming off your finger at night? Mine seems to fall off 2 to 3 times per night. I wake up and notice it's not on my finger so I have to hunt around in the dark to find it. Rubber band? Tape? Something else??? Dont-know

Last night I cut off a 5" +- strip of 3/4" durable cloth tape which I applied to the complete underside of the device and running down my finger and a bit of my palm. Then I took maybe a 3" strip and very loosely wrapped around my finger making sure there were adherence points on my finger and adhering well to the tape running the length of my finger. It was comfortable because it didn't increase the pinching at all. Would work best without hand lotion applied first. Grin

Suz
Post Reply Post Reply
Did you get what you thought was an accurate recording?
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
This works for me:

[Image: Image003.jpg] [Image: Image002.jpg] [Image: Image001.jpg] [Image: Image000.jpg]
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] O2 Ring Oximeter ejbpesca 0 340 02-01-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] Wellue SleepU Wrist Pulse Oximeter Crimson Nape 21 6,544 01-18-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: kappa
  [Product Review] Contec CMS 50I Pulse Oximeter drmaestro 1 2,907 09-08-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
Thumbsup [Product Review] CMS50F Pulse Oximeter (USB, no bluetooth) Peter_C 21 16,017 09-05-2021, 10:13 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Big Guy 5 2,682 02-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] Jumper JPD-500F Wireless Bluetooth Finger Pulse Oximeter vivaldi 0 4,078 07-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Last Post: vivaldi
Thumbsup [Product Review] CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor RWS0022 0 4,832 06-04-2019, 06:12 PM
Last Post: RWS0022

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.