Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Pulse Oximeter CMS-50D+
RE: Pulse Oximeter CMS-50D+
(05-18-2012, 11:27 PM)pssnn Wrote: This works for me:

[Image: Image003.jpg] [Image: Image002.jpg] [Image: Image001.jpg] [Image: Image000.jpg]

pssnn:
Before seeing these pictures this morning, I tried something very similar to this last night. I cut about a 5 inch piece of tape and placed the midpoint of the tape across the top of my finger, just a little outside the unit, then wrapped each end around and down to the bottom of the unit where I attached the ends in a criss-cross or X pattern. Even doing this though, I managed to slip out of the unit once last night as I guess if you bend the finger, the top part can still open slightly allowing your finger to come out. I think I'll try your method tonight. Instead of draping just across the top of the finger, I see you also manage to catch the top edge of the CMS-50D+ just outside of the menu function button under the tape, so that should make it pretty much impossible for your finger to slip out. Appreciate the pictures! Thanks Do you tape with fairly light pressure on the top of the unit? I have noticed like Paula says that if you put too much pressure on the top on the outside end, the hinge does flex on the opposite end and you can get some faulty readings. Only one thing...isn't it kind of hard to type with that thing on your finger??? Too-funnyLaugh-a-lotDielaughing
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2012, 09:49 PM)Suzjohnson Wrote: Last night I cut off a 5" +- strip of 3/4" durable cloth tape which I applied to the complete underside of the device and running down my finger and a bit of my palm. Then I took maybe a 3" strip and very loosely wrapped around my finger making sure there were adherence points on my finger and adhering well to the tape running the length of my finger. It was comfortable because it didn't increase the pinching at all. Would work best without hand lotion applied first. Grin

Suz

Thanks
Thanks for taking the time to describe in detail your method of taping Suz! See my prior reply to pssnn. I tried your method while awake this morning, but like the tape job I tried last night, I think this would still allow my finger to slip out since the top of the unit can still open if I bend my finger.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-19-2012, 07:21 AM)b360155 Wrote:

[Image: Image003.jpg] [Image: Image002.jpg] [Image: Image001.jpg] [Image: Image000.jpg]

Do you tape with fairly light pressure on the top of the unit? I have noticed like Paula says that if you put too much pressure on the top on the outside end, the hinge does flex on the opposite end and you can get some faulty readings. Only one thing...isn't it kind of hard to type with that thing on your finger??? Too-funnyLaugh-a-lotDielaughing

Typing is a challenge while wearing the oximeter Lolabove

I do not make the tape very tight. If the hinge side of the oximeter is lifting up them it is too tight for me. By adding a second small piece of tape around the first piece tape about the finger, I have never had it come off during the night. Since I'm cheap I am currently trying to eliminate the second piece of tape (as shown in the pics) so the roll of tape will last longer. So far the oximeter has stayed put all night with the single piece. I have found that the tape does not have to be very tight to function properly. One night I did get it too tight and it was uncomfortable during the night.
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-18-2012, 10:55 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Did you get what you thought was an accurate recording?

Yes, I did. It coincided very well with my titration study. This mornings readings were the same so I'm a happy camper!

Suz
Post Reply Post Reply
Good! I'm glad it is working for you!

I don't use mine every night. I used it the first time for 10 nights and have used it sporadically since then. I am trying some new medications and I am checking to make sure they don't cause any problems with sleep.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

This worked for me too...thanks pssnn! Thanks
Now a couple of other questions:
1) I've noticed that when I look at the reports generated by the SpO2 Review software that the number of events aren't the same as in the Sleepyhead software, even if I change the settings so that they are both using the same parameters for events. Anybody else seeing this?
2) I've had a couple of occasions where when I've synced my SpO2 data with the Sleepyhead graphs that sometimes Sleepyhead will put the SpO2 graphs on the wrong day (current day instead of the night before). For instance, this morning the graphs showed up under Sleepyhead for 5/20 instead of 5/19. I had to re-import the SpO2 data using 5/19 date. So, when pulling the SpO2 data in, you need to make sure you have the correct date shown as well as the correct start time.
Post Reply Post Reply
Oh, that's a hoot! I just posted my problems with exactly this same thing over on the other CMS-50D thread! It finally occurred to me that what I type in should be the same as the beginning of the SleepyHead session. Duhhh! This is quite an adventure. Unsure

Suz
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-20-2012, 08:28 AM)Suzjohnson Wrote: Oh, that's a hoot! I just posted my problems with exactly this same thing over on the other CMS-50D thread! It finally occurred to me that what I type in should be the same as the beginning of the SleepyHead session. Duhhh! This is quite an adventure. Unsure

Suz

Laugh-a-lot

Too funny Suz---I just posted the result of when sleepyhead puts the wrong date in the time stamp and it is not caught before saving on the other thread.

B36--yes I have been seeing the same issue with the data. I ALWAYS double check that value now before I click on the save!
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
You know, with the poor quality of the user guide that comes with the CMS-50D+, we'd be lost if not for ApneaBoard Forum!!! I-love-Apnea-Board
Post Reply Post Reply

Oh my goodness gracious, we have some creative people on this board! I can't tell very well from the pictures, but it doesn't look to me like you have your finger in as far as it will go. Could that be part of the reason it's not staying on your finger?

It also looks like you have it on your index finger. I always place it on my middle finger. That way I have the index finger and ringer on each side of the oximeter to stabilize it. I position myself with the palm of my hand facing up. Your fingers naturally want to curl so the oximeter lays in the palm of my hand with a finger on each side to help hold it in place.

Works like a charm and I've never had it even come close to falling off in the middle of the night when I'm sleeping. I've woken up with my hand hanging off the side of the bed, palm down, fingers pointing towards the floor and it still hasn't fallen off.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] O2 Ring Oximeter ejbpesca 0 336 02-01-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] Wellue SleepU Wrist Pulse Oximeter Crimson Nape 21 6,537 01-18-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: kappa
  [Product Review] Contec CMS 50I Pulse Oximeter drmaestro 1 2,905 09-08-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
Thumbsup [Product Review] CMS50F Pulse Oximeter (USB, no bluetooth) Peter_C 21 16,009 09-05-2021, 10:13 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Big Guy 5 2,676 02-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] Jumper JPD-500F Wireless Bluetooth Finger Pulse Oximeter vivaldi 0 4,077 07-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Last Post: vivaldi
Thumbsup [Product Review] CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor RWS0022 0 4,829 06-04-2019, 06:12 PM
Last Post: RWS0022

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.