Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Pulse Oximeter CMS-50D+
RE: Pulse Oximeter CMS-50D+
Quote: It works as it is supposed to, but figuring out how to work it was difficult due to poor instructions.
My review:
(4 + 5 ) /2 = 4.5 stars

I agree, the instructions are miserable (although at first glance they seem perfectly normal). You may have seen Paula's link earlier in the thread, but if not, do check it out -- helps clarify a lot of things (SleepyHead software is not needed, but the download process is the same):
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

In case it is not obvious, the main thing to remember is:
1) Once recording, you can exit the recording settings screen
2) Once finished recording, you should leave in the Recording settings (off) screen to download the data -- oximeter will not turn off in this mode until you exit, which is what you need to download the data.
3) If you use the supplied software, two of the best reports are Oximetry and Full Report (others are interesting too if you want to see pages of graphs).

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-10-2012, 07:22 PM)SlightlySleepy Wrote: My review:
(4 + 5 ) /2 = 4.5 stars

Clever. Too-funny
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I am working on a wiki page just for the software itself. It is on hold until I get some pics up and SS is done mucking about with moving the website.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...2_software

psnnn's page on inputting it with SleepyHead is excellent!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
HELP! Calling all computer experts! My CMS-50D Plus and accompanying software was working great for the first 2 days, syncing up perfectly with Sleepyhead. Yesterday I got a Windows system update and something caused my PC to crash. I ended up doing a system restore back to about a week prior and re-installed the SpO2 software and drivers and everything says it installed correctly but for some reason the software is not seeing the pulse oximeter. I'm using the stock cable that came with the unit. I've actually talked on the phone this evening with Kevin Cooper, the owner of Cooper Medical Supplies, the company behind Supplier #19. He's been very responsive and helpful, walking me through a couple of procedures (tried switching COM ports) but so far, the software still isn't connecting to the unit. He said he was going to contact the Contec rep he deals with and would get back to me, hopefully with a fix. Any computer experts out there that might have any ideas how to fix this issue??? AngryAnnoyed-and-disappointed
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Is the meter on? It has to be on that screen that has the Record Off showing.

Then there's the install it under compatibility as XP.

That's it off the top of my head. My 'puter didn't update today when I did a reboot.
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply Paula. Yes the unit was on when I was trying to connect to the software. Don't know what running under XP compatibility mode does or how to do that. I'm running Windows 7. Something is really haywire on my computer. When I've unplugged the USB cable from the computer once last night and again this morning, Windows shut down and I got the blue screen of death.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not sure Windows Compatibility Mode (inside of Win7) would solve your issue, but if you want to try it, to get to the link on how to do it, simply do a google search for "microsoft windows 7 xp compatibility mode" - It's the first non-ad link that pops up, directly from the Microsoft website.

This involves a lot more drain on your system resources, so make sure your computer can handle it by fully checking out the system requirements first on that page.

EDIT: If worse comes to worse, did you receive a "Restore Disk" to re-install your entire Operating System when you bought your computer? That's kind of a drastic step, but I generally re-install my Operating Systems every 2 years, no matter what. It's kind of like putting a brand new engine in and old car. Makes things run better.

SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
Quote:Yesterday I got a Windows system update and something caused my PC to crash.

Just my opinion, and maybe a bit off-topic... and I'm not sure you're doing this, but it's probably not a good idea to have Windows automatically go out and download and update your Operating System. That has been a problem for Microsoft in the past.

By doing that, you're basically becoming a beta-tester for their updates. On my PCs that run Windows I always wait at least a week or two after an update is released before I download and install it. That way, if there's something wrong with the update, other people will have discovered it and Microsoft will fix the issue prior to me downloading it. I let other people do Microsoft's beta-testing for me.

Coffee
SuperSleeper
www.ApneaBoard.com

Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the information and suggestions SS. I'm not the most computer savvy person around. I just know enough to get me by. I've got everything back up and running and everything else seems to be working fine. The SpO2 software is there and I can open it. The driver supposedly installed correctly, yet when I plug in the pulse oximeter, the software isn't seeing it. I tested with other hardware in the same USB port and other hardware is recognized just fine. Also tried plugging the pulse oximeter into a different USB port but that didn't work. Hopefully Kevin Cooper will come back with a remedy. I don't think I'll try any further trouble shooting on my own. Our neighborhood supposedly has a good computer problem solver so I may have to enlist his services.

I do have my system restore disks available if I need to go to that length. Others have suggested that I not automatically accept Windows updates as well. Can you tell me how to turn that feature off?
Post Reply Post Reply
Start > All Programs > Windows Update > General Settings

Mine is set to "Check for updates but let me choose..."

To run in compatibility mode:

Right click installation file (or the .exe after the install)
Select 'Troubleshoot compatibility"
It will then test it
Select "Recommended settings"
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] O2 Ring Oximeter ejbpesca 0 336 02-01-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] Wellue SleepU Wrist Pulse Oximeter Crimson Nape 21 6,536 01-18-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: kappa
  [Product Review] Contec CMS 50I Pulse Oximeter drmaestro 1 2,905 09-08-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
Thumbsup [Product Review] CMS50F Pulse Oximeter (USB, no bluetooth) Peter_C 21 16,009 09-05-2021, 10:13 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Big Guy 5 2,676 02-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] Jumper JPD-500F Wireless Bluetooth Finger Pulse Oximeter vivaldi 0 4,077 07-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Last Post: vivaldi
Thumbsup [Product Review] CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor RWS0022 0 4,828 06-04-2019, 06:12 PM
Last Post: RWS0022

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.