Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Product Review] Pulse Oximeter CMS-50D+
RE: Pulse Oximeter CMS-50D+
Update: Suspecting possible driver issue as well (when things go wrong sometimes multiple things go wrong), I uninstalled SpO2 review. I redownloaded SpO2 Review and installed, but this time received an error message which may be a clue:
"A newer driver version 6.1 has been found on the system. To remove this driver go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel".

I ignored that warning, because I didn't know what else to do (I suspect it has to do with the Windows update last week and I am loath to remove a newer, more secure driver and trust my machine to old Chinese software which requires rebooting computer). I finished the SpO2 review install successfully (or so I thought) and then rebooted the computer. Started SpO2 and connected my CMS-50D+ in Record-> off mode. The software asked me what file to open, and when I closed the file selection box I noticed it had defaulted to the 'review' radio button and the other option (connecting to a device) was greyed out and the title bar said "New Session: No device available" which to me means that I no longer am able to connect to my oximeter.
Post Reply Post Reply
Removing the batteries will not erase the data. I've done this numerous times and it does not erase.

If the software screen never changed, make sure you had the device on the settings screen and the recording was off.

I get two nights out of my rechargeable batteries. I can almost get a third. This is me sleeping 9-10 hrs each night.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2012, 12:40 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: Removing the batteries will not erase the data. I've done this numerous times and it does not erase.

If the software screen never changed, make sure you had the device on the settings screen and the recording was off.

I get two nights out of my rechargeable batteries. I can almost get a third. This is me sleeping 9-10 hrs each night.

I have had batteries run down during the night and replaced the next morning prior to downloading the data. No issues with the download.

When I am using the oximeter every night I get around 4 nights on a set on non-rechargable batteries.
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2012, 12:39 PM)SlightlySleepy Wrote: Update: Suspecting possible driver issue as well (when things go wrong sometimes multiple things go wrong), I uninstalled SpO2 review. I redownloaded SpO2 Review and installed, but this time received an error message which may be a clue:
"A newer driver version 6.1 has been found on the system. To remove this driver go to Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel".

I ignored that warning, because I didn't know what else to do (I suspect it has to do with the Windows update last week and I am loath to remove a newer, more secure driver and trust my machine to old Chinese software which requires rebooting computer). I finished the SpO2 review install successfully (or so I thought) and then rebooted the computer. Started SpO2 and connected my CMS-50D+ in Record-> off mode. The software asked me what file to open, and when I closed the file selection box I noticed it had defaulted to the 'review' radio button and the other option (connecting to a device) was greyed out and the title bar said "New Session: No device available" which to me means that I no longer am able to connect to my oximeter.

It sounds to me like you've now reached the point that I did a couple of days ago where the software was not "seeing" the pulse oximeter. What worked for me was to completely uninstall anything having to do with the pulse oximeter in the control panel. I uninstalled the programs for:
1) Silicon Laboratories CP210x USB to UART Bridge, and
2) SpO2 V.09x
Then, I went back and did a fresh install of the SpO2 software and after that installed successfully, I plugged my pulse oximeter with the stock USB cable into the USB port on my computer. I'm not sure, but I don't believe I even turned the pulse oximeter on. The pop up message showed up that a new device was detected and the driver was being installed. Then, I think it said something about a newer version of the driver was available. I just left the computer alone and it found the latest version of the CP210x on it's own. After awhile, it said that the new driver had loaded successfully. After that, I was good to go again.

You can test immediately to see if the driver loaded correctly by clicking on the red SpO2 icon, plugging in your pulse oximeter (if it wasn't already plugged in) turn the unit on and stick your finger in the unit. Right away, you should see your pulse and oxygen content show up in box 1. If that appears, then your software is now detecting the unit and you should be good to go for using the record function and then later reviewing your data using the green SpO2 icon and the new session review as described in the Wiki article. Hope that gets you up and running again!
We're all family here...you can call me B36 if you'd like!Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-13-2012, 03:52 PM)b360155 Wrote: It sounds to me like you've now reached the point that I did a couple of days ago where the software was not "seeing" the pulse oximeter. ...

Thanks, yes I think so. Tried to download data on the Win 7 computer as well (also updated) no data.

Are there any computer geeks out there that can make sense of this page? I installed the 6.5 Silicon labs driver direct from the factory (after removing SPO2 Review AND old CP210x driver) and I noticed something about 'runtime dll's needing to be updated to work with 6.1 or higher drivers. Does anyone know how to do this? In other words, is this something that I could do by just switching out a *.dll, or does SpO2 programmer have to link it somehow more explicitly in source code back in China? Here's the silicon labs page with the updated drivers (I thought I'd give them a try -- possibly better than Microsofts) but I'm not optimistic they will work and probably will go back to the old driver situation if I can from SpO2. Not enough time left today to do it (I do have another life!)

[commercial link removed per Apnea Board Rules]

Sorry, had to remove the direct commercial link, since that site has an online store. If anyone would like to find the link, just do a Google search for "Silicon Labs", then once on their main website, use their website search at the top right and enter "CP210x USB to UART Bridge VCP Drivers" -- that should take you to the page referred to in the removed link. - Thanks. SuperSleeper

-----
Moderator Action: Link Removed
To maintain our status as an educational organization, the only commercial links allowed in this forum are to CPAP-related manufacturer websites. This is stated in the Apnea Board Rules with details given in the Commercial Links Policy section.
-----
Post Reply Post Reply
I'd not bother getting them direct from Silicon Labs. Just use what comes on the installation. Else the newest ones from the creator might be too new for the software to handle. Sounds good in theory, anyway!
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like Slightly Sleepy has hit the nuke button and exploded. Sleepy we have all been there bouncing off the walls because something simple just doesnt work and it seems like your heads about to blow cos you cant figure it out. Put the thing down, stand back and take some deep breaths or better still go and do something else for a while then come back and we will help you all we can.

As for links, we dont want them as we are educational site not a advertising board and you wouldnt put your child to school in a McDonalds Big Mac Uniform. Education is important and shouldnt be tainted by big companies or small wanting to advertise and I certainly dont want my cpap mask covered in logo's. Can you imagine sticking you new pepsi cola mask or how about something worse like mates condoms staring at your partner.

So as you can see its not really a silly rule but quite a brilliant bit of thinking from our commador and chief and you do get use to it. Hope to see you on the forum again.

DC
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-12-2012, 07:57 PM)PaulaO2 Wrote: The device is actually not true USB compatible. The reason it has that huge honking end is to change it from a serial (com) port to a USB. That part is like the translator.

I just tested your theory and you are correct. I did this in several ways but I'll condense them. :grin:

I recorded just a minute or so while I was sitting here.
I stopped the recording and hooked it up to the computer.
Turned on SpO2 Review and downloaded the data to confirm it was there.
Exited SpO2 and re-opened it.
I took off the battery compartment lid and put a finger on a battery.
As soon as it said device detected, I flipped the battery out, losing the connection
I then put the battery back and SpO2 "downloaded" 0.0 seconds of data and had a blank graph.Im curious. Lets say thzt your oxygen is really low at night. Can they give you o2 in your pap mask? I asked this question before. But not to many people knew much about thay.

I unplugged the cable from the device, plugged it back in, and tried again.
It again downloaded 0.0 seconds of data.

In another test, similar to the first, but did nothing to the batteries.
I downloaded the data to check if it was there.
I turned off SpO2 Review.
I turned it back on and told it to download.
There was nothing on the device. (0.0 seconds)

I unplugged it from the USB cable and tried again.
It downloaded the data.

So there are two scenarios where the software does not see data:

In one, it is just a matter of re-establishing the device to the computer.

In the other, if data transfer and/or device recognition is disrupted by power failure in the device, the data is erased.

I made a note of both and will add them to the warnings for the software's wiki page.

Post Reply Post Reply
chaddy511, please see this post about how to quote.

http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...85#pid3285
PaulaO

Post Reply Post Reply
Yikes!!!!
Crazy

What happened to this thread????Dont-know
"Goodnight Chesty wherever you are!"
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Product Review] O2 Ring Oximeter ejbpesca 0 337 02-01-2024, 02:54 PM
Last Post: ejbpesca
  [Product Review] Wellue SleepU Wrist Pulse Oximeter Crimson Nape 21 6,541 01-18-2024, 07:43 PM
Last Post: kappa
  [Product Review] Contec CMS 50I Pulse Oximeter drmaestro 1 2,906 09-08-2023, 03:26 PM
Last Post: Lucky7
Thumbsup [Product Review] CMS50F Pulse Oximeter (USB, no bluetooth) Peter_C 21 16,014 09-05-2021, 10:13 PM
Last Post: CorruptAlligator
  [Product Review] Fingertip Pulse Oximeter Big Guy 5 2,679 02-20-2021, 10:21 AM
Last Post: DaveL
Thumbsup [Product Review] Jumper JPD-500F Wireless Bluetooth Finger Pulse Oximeter vivaldi 0 4,078 07-30-2019, 11:15 AM
Last Post: vivaldi
Thumbsup [Product Review] CONTEC PM60A Handheld Oximeter Pulse Monitor RWS0022 0 4,831 06-04-2019, 06:12 PM
Last Post: RWS0022

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.