Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse Oximeter Contec CMS50F
RE: Pulse Oximeter Contec CMS50F
(07-31-2020, 03:32 PM)talisker.0 Wrote: The CMS50F HW V2.0.0 / SW V2.0.4 comes with a USB Type A to USB-C Cable.  This model does not use the CP210x USB to UART bridge so the Sp02 Assistant software does not work with this new CMS50F.

You need Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1 instead.  I was able to get this by emailing Contec (cms@contecmed.com.cn) about the SpO2 Assistant software problem.

Why they don't have this new software on their website is a mystery to me.  It would saved me a lot of time and trouble.

Thank you talisker.0, your info was very helpful. The Pulse Ox CMS50F Version 2.0.0 hardware requires the Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1. The software can be downloaded at http://www.dlsoftw.com with index code: 01GS4016.

The software's default SpO2 data storage folder in Windows 10 is C:\users\user name\AppData\Local\VirtualStore\Program Files (x86)\Smart Device Assistant v3.1.0\Data. I copy CMS50F SpO2 data files from the default Smart Device Data folder to a new root directory folder named C:\SpO2_Data. Oscar will import the SpO2 data files directly from the C:\SpO2_Data folder. You must first have Oscar import your machine's sleep data file from your SD Card prior to importing the corresponding SpO2 data file from the same time frame.
MacBookPro 13, Big Sur, Windows 10 (Parallels 16), FlashAir 16GB W-04,
Contec CMS50F Pulse Oximeter
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-17-2020, 04:09 PM)pholynyk Wrote: To the best of my knowledge, the 'F' versions have never needed a cable with the serial chip embedded; that is only required for the 'D' versions. (I do have one of each.)
However, the newer version 2 hardware uses a new USB protocol which we haven't yet reverse engineered, so currently you need to use the new (Windows-only) Contec software to read the data and create a data file, which apparently uses the same format as the older models. That has not been verified just yet.

hi,

any idea if or when the new usb protocol might be included?  I just purchased a CMS50F and have been banging my head trying to figure out why I couldn't get it to work with OSCAR on linux/ubuntu until I ran across this post! the seller said it would work with sleepytime/oscar, but I guess/hope he didn't realize the interface had changed.   I thought I was going nuts, so thanks for having this discussion! I'd really love to use the device with the software, but if it doesn't look like it will be anytime soon, I should probably try to return it.

thanks,

d...
Post Reply Post Reply
No one that is currently doing any coding for OSCAR has a new version of the CMS-50F to test. Do you know how to code?
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2021, 07:10 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: No one that is currently doing any coding for OSCAR has a new version of the CMS-50F to test.    Do you know how to code?

hahahahhah, okay, I haven't done any professional programming in over 30 years (think microsoft C, dos 6.2 pharlap dos extender).  currently, the only programming I do is for personal -- bash scripting, some python, lisp for emacs, and c if I need to play with an avr microcontroller.  most of this, not surprisingly, is command line stuff.  however, assuming ZERO expectations, I am willing to take a look at the code to see if I'd atleast be able to figure out how to compile it (linux, I haven't used windows in about 20 years).

the other option: if it wouldn't just be left on someone's desk, and I could reasonably be assured that I'd get the thing back in reasonably decent shape, I'd be willing to loan it to the developer(s) to hack on.

d...
Post Reply Post Reply
OSCAR is built using the free version of Qt v5.12.  It provides IDEs for all major OS platforms.   I use it on Windows and Linux.  I just got a copy of macOS Big Sur running in VirtualBox and will test the waters with that one in the future.  The OSCAR source code is available here: https://gitlab.com/pholy/OSCAR-code.   I would suggest that you review the current code for the CMS-50 series (and maybe brush-up on Wireshark).

Wishing you great success!
- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2021, 08:02 PM)Crimson Nape Wrote: OSCAR is built using the free version of Qt v5.12.  It provides IDEs for all major OS platforms.   I use it on Windows and Linux.  I just got a copy of macOS Big Sur running in VirtualBox and will test the waters with that one in the future.  The OSCAR source code is available here:    I would suggest that you review the current code for the CMS-50 series (and maybe brush-up on Wireshark).

Wishing you great success!
- Red

thanks!  if I have any questions, do I ask on this thread, or is there a dev board?
Post Reply Post Reply
You can apply to join the team here: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid388408 or send the project manager, Gideon, a PM with the request. Listing your experience and knowledge level would be helpful. You will need a GitLab account to supply your git account name. If you wish to make a submission, please read the Contributing.md file in the source code. This file lists all the steps required to offer a submission to the master code.

With all that said, you don't need to join to create a new CMS-50 parser, only if you wish to make a submission to OSCAR.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
Red, Only members of the OSCAR development team have access to that. As you indicated a PM to me is required to gain access, you don't have to be an "expert", but you do have to be not afraid to ask for help and be willing to help.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-27-2021, 10:44 AM)Gideon Wrote: Red, Only members of the OSCAR development team have access to that.  As you indicated a PM to me is required to gain access, you don't have to be an "expert", but you do have to be not afraid to ask for help and be willing to help.

thanks!  I managed to compile the code pretty easily (had to fix a missing library), but your dudes did a really cool job and made it shockingly easy. I've been looking for an excuse to play with c++ and qt, so I guess I've just made it to the 3% mark?

thanks again,

d...
Post Reply Post Reply
I apologize for providing incorrect information.  I should know better!

Confused  Sorry!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Added a new pulse oximeter importer... spacewrench 125 20,140 04-14-2024, 12:12 PM
Last Post: msfabus
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 968 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 191 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 258 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,536 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 202 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 663 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.