Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Pulse Oximeter Contec CMS50F
Pulse Oximeter Contec CMS50F
Hi,

I have the following configuration:

1.      CMS50F:
        a.       Hardware version 2.0.0
        b.       Software version 2.0.4
2.      I have downloaded SpO2 Assistant and OScar 1.0.1.1-r-1 (is running well)
       a.       Version SpO2: 3.0.4
3.      I’m using Windows 10 Professional, 64 bits with latest updates.
4.      I have installed USB to UART:
       a.       Silicon Labs Virtual COM Port (VCP) Universal Driver for Windows 10:
       b.       Package version: 10.1.8
       c.       Release date:    2019-06-24
       d.       This package contains a Virtual COM Port Universal driver for Microsoft Windows 10 for use with Silicon Labs VCP USB Serial Bridges.  These devices include the CP2102N, CP2102, CP2103, CP2104, CP2105, CP2108, CP2109.
5.      I have installed SpO2 Assistant.
a.       I search for by Connect Drive but SpO2 cannot see the pulse meter. (neither Oscar) Not automatic, not manual not USB and not Bluetooth.
b.       Under win 10 I have enabled Bluetooth and I see that ’Pulse Oximeter’ is shows in the list of connected equipment under Bluetooth.

With other words, The system win 10  sees SpO2 but the applications does not generate a read-out. It looks that USB to UART does not work but the driver says that everything is installed and ready.

Some can help?

Kind regards,

Gerard
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Pulse Oximeter Contec CMS50F
Was there a CD/DVD that came with the oximeter when you bought it? Should have the software and drivers on the disk.

The cable used for the oximeter is not a normal USB cable. It's a USB to Serial cable (UART) and the unit will usually only transfer data with that cable. If you are using a regular USB cable it probably won't work.
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Is your CMS50F turned on? It needs to be on for it to be found. (That confused me the first time I used one -- just two days ago.) I use the supplied cable to connect to the PC. I just tried bluetooth and it didn't connect; but I did not see any pairing so am hardly surprised. (EDIT: Just found that the CMS50F shows up on the list of bluetooth devices without my having had to do anything. Doesn't matter, though, as I cannot get a bluetooth connection to the meter.)

The current version of SpO2 assistant is 3.0.5.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Somebody else posted a picture of a new CMS50F wiht v2.0 hardware and his version of SpO2 Assistant was greater than v3.05. His new version of SpO2 Assistant (has a new name!) was able to read his CMS50F and create a file that OSCAR could read. OSCAR cannot yet read the new Version 2 hardware.

The CMS50F has the serial to USB chip with in the watch unit, so any USB cable with the right size connector will work. The Version 1 hardware uses a mini-USB, I think the version 2 does also.

FOUND IT: See this post: http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid349828
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
For better or worse, my three-day-old CMS50F has a date of 2019-03 and a serial number beginning with 19. I guess the first two digits are how to identify the version?

In any event, I can import from the CMS50F directly into OSCAR without any problems, using the USB connection. It all came together flawlessly. I guess I was lucky and didn't get the new, improved version!
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the new versions are coming straight out of China. I'm not sure that Supplier #19 has them yet
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I got mine from Amazon -- "BP Medical Supplies."
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you all for the reply,

I gone look to it.

Thank,

Gerard
Post Reply Post Reply
The CMS50F HW V2.0.0 / SW V2.0.4 comes with a USB Type A to USB-C Cable.  This model does not use the CP210x USB to UART bridge so the Sp02 Assistant software does not work with this new CMS50F.

You need Smart Device Assistant V3.1.0.1 instead.  I was able to get this by emailing Contec (cms@contecmed.com.cn) about the SpO2 Assistant software problem.

Why they don't have this new software on their website is a mystery to me.  It would saved me a lot of time and trouble.
Post Reply Post Reply
@talisker, do you happen to know what driver it is loading when you connect your oximeter to your computer?

It seems that the CP210x drivers are going to be "legacy" at some point.  I got this warning on my Mac a few times in the last coupe of month's:

So at some point Mac will no longer support that driver.  Windows will likely not be too far behind.  I will have to keep an eye on the SL website to see if they update their driver, otherwise I (and other Mac users) may need to buy a newer CMS50F.  Huh
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is there a solution to read out the newer versions of the Contect CMS50F under Linux? Mast04 10 807 03-25-2024, 08:46 PM
Last Post: Pierelly
  csv-converter for like nx-8462 oximeter capman 1 148 03-15-2024, 04:45 AM
Last Post: capman
  thumbdrive-oximeter-format-analysis capman 6 193 03-15-2024, 04:29 AM
  CMS50F Oximeter Device not Recognized. ThinMountainAir 20 2,409 03-07-2024, 05:13 PM
  csv-format for generic oximeter imports into oscar capman 2 156 03-07-2024, 07:06 AM
  python file converter for EMAY sleep pulse oximeter joeblough 1 613 03-04-2024, 10:26 PM
Last Post: ElectricalPaul
  Need Computer drivers for Contec CMS50D+ Oximeter TomElgin 3 233 03-02-2024, 05:27 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.